+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***URGENT*** Protected Person Adding Spouse on PR application

MrsAlly

Jan 13, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am a Protected person in Canada and my PR application is in process. I received an email from CIC on December 7th,2015 saying that " My application has passed first stage of processing" (it was after 16 months) and my online status was "In-process"

I assumed that now its will take another 10 months. I got married on December 19th, 2015 and was planning to add my spouse on the PR application who is on Post-Grad work permit in Canada. Was waiting only for marriage certificate to add him.

I received another email on January 30th form CIC saying that " We are please to inform you that processing of your PR application is complete and Etobicoke office will contact you regarding your permanent status". Now online status is "Decision Made".

Please suggest me URGENTLY how can I add my spouse on my PR application at this stage. I have already paid the online fee and have prepared all teh documents (Police certificate pending).

I ahven't heard anything from Etobicoke office yet.

Muslima

Jan 22, 2016
Calgary
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
[/quote]@MrsAlly wao u should AV added him since u applied or when you got ur first approval. Because I also added my spouse to my or application as a protected person. Dat would AV been the easiest. I think d best thing is to call cic tomorrow and explain the situation to them.

Cyberjack

Sep 3, 2014
MrsAlly said:
Hello Friends,

I am a Protected person in Canada and my PR application is in process. I received an email from CIC on December 7th,2015 saying that " My application has passed first stage of processing" (it was after 16 months) and my online status was "In-process"

I assumed that now its will take another 10 months. I got married on December 19th, 2015 and was planning to add my spouse on the PR application who is on Post-Grad work permit in Canada. Was waiting only for marriage certificate to add him.

I received another email on January 30th form CIC saying that " We are please to inform you that processing of your PR application is complete and Etobicoke office will contact you regarding your permanent status". Now online status is "Decision Made".

Please suggest me URGENTLY how can I add my spouse on my PR application at this stage. I have already paid the online fee and have prepared all teh documents (Police certificate pending).

I think you go ahead and apply for your husband,since you have already paid the fee.
Or CPC will suggest you otherwise.

CanDude76

Feb 2, 2016
Dear MrsAlly,
congratulation.....really its a great news that just after 16 months you have received the decision
you are lucky ....
May God bless all of us and we all receive our positive decision and meet families as soon as possible.
regards

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
MrsAlly said:
Hello Friends,

I want advise you on my past mistake.If he did medical EX and police check it s easy to add him when you go for interview in Etobicoke office but if he didn't police check and medical wait until u granted PR then sponsor him after otherwise ur processing time will be delay like my case. Now I am waiting 29 months and still waiting for Etobicoke office call me.
So don't do my mistake.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
artin2015 said:
I want advise you on my past mistake.If he did medical EX and police check it s easy to add him when you go for interview in Etobicoke office but if he didn't police check and medical wait until u granted PR then sponsor him after otherwise ur processing time will be delay like my case. Now I am waiting 29 months and still waiting for Etobicoke office call me.
So don't do my mistake.
Incorrect... IF MrsAlly do not inform CIC about her marriage/husband and she gets her landing...she will never be able to sponsor her husband in the future. this may be considered as a misrepresentation or the husband can never be proved as her legal husband in the future.
Reason is if she lands as a SINGLE (whereas she is married) at the time of landing then this may be considered as hiding information or misrepresentation while getting Pr status. 2ndly she can only sponsor family members who were included in the PR application before getting PR status OR new relationships after the COPR date.

So in all means she has to inform cic about her marriage and provide them with the details of her husband before she lands. This may or may not delay her landing process . BUT not doing so will put her in a big trouble.

@MrsAlly
inform CIC about your updated marital status and send them your husband's details as soon as possible (both by phone..and also send them case specific letter as proof that you did informed cic) before going to the landing interview.

Hope it helps and if someone else wants to comment on this to help MrsAlly..

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
kriv said:
Incorrect... IF MrsAlly do not inform CIC about her marriage/husband and she gets her landing...she will never be able to sponsor her husband in the future. this may be considered as a misrepresentation or the husband can never be proved as her legal husband in the future.
Reason is if she lands as a SINGLE (whereas she is married) at the time of landing then this may be considered as hiding information or misrepresentation while getting Pr status. 2ndly she can only sponsor family members who were included in the PR application before getting PR status OR new relationships after the COPR date.

So in all means she has to inform cic about her marriage and provide them with the details of her husband before she lands. This may or may not delay her landing process . BUT not doing so will put her in a big trouble.

@MrsAlly
inform CIC about your updated marital status and send them your husband's details as soon as possible (both by phone..and also send them case specific letter as proof that you did informed cic) before going to the landing interview.

Hope it helps and if someone else wants to comment on this to help MrsAlly..
First she hasn't marriage certificate so how she can proof married ? !
She didn't mention where she got married and how ?
So it will be misrepresented !
If she got married in canada legally then she has to inform and add him to the case. And write letter to cic about status change.
I did this mistake so i know. Again if u marride legally u have to inform to cic otherwise u r in trouble

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Just like Artin's and others adding spouses at close to completion of processing,she should be ready to wait for delays and verification that CIC may want to carry out.It would've been better for her to collect her PR and then get all the document and sponsor her husband

MrsAlly

Jan 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

- I got married in Toronto and have received my marriage certificate last week.
- I have already sent a letter to CPC Veg in January informing about my marriage.
- I have applied for my husband's police check (didn't get it yet).
- We don't have his updated medical check , he came as a student in 2014 and did his medicals back home, not sure if they will consider.
-I have already paid his fee and have updated all the documents to bring on interview.
- I have interview on Tuesday Feb 16, 2016.

I will definitely inform CIC officer about this whole situation and let's see what they suggest. I would definitely NOT want my case to be delayed for 29 months as my husband has a Work Permit valid till Dec 2016 and will get an open work permit after I sponsor him.

Will keep you guys posted!

Goodluck to those waiting for their decision :)

shyness

Mar 14, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2010
File Transfer...
jan 2015
Med's Request
jan 2015
Interview........
11/02/2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
hi mrsally...we have the same story i was about to land but was asked to add husband i add him aN HE IS ALREADY IN CANADA...we just had our interview yesterday and all went well,we can update eachother interview was easy as well

shyness

Mar 14, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2010
File Transfer...
jan 2015
Med's Request
jan 2015
Interview........
11/02/2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
im also protected person

MrsAlly

Jan 13, 2016
I went for interview yesterday and told them about adding my husband to the file. The officer didn't know what to do in this situation and checked with her colleagues who told her to send an email to the headquarters.

She sent and email and printed my COPR right away which means I have landed yesterday without my husband got added to my file.

I believe I will have to sponsor my husband now as the officer asked me to call CIC call center for future steps. They didn't pick my call yesterday.

I have been on social assistant but am working now and going to close my OW file today. Can anyone suggest how long do I have wait to sponsor my husband?

Thanks

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
IRCC or CIC processing timelines as can be seen by processing being experienced on the forum is unpredictable since it depends on a number of factors such as current backlog however,you will be lucky to have under 1 year but,you are good since your husband is already with you in Canada

shyness

Mar 14, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2010
File Transfer...
jan 2015
Med's Request
jan 2015
Interview........
11/02/2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
hi ally i receive medical request for my husband an also CSQ hope all is well with your file an its moving along...

bilallz

Apr 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have one question, i am protected person in canada and i want to add my wife in my PR application , she is british citizen and on study permit here in canada right now and due to some problems she cant continue her studies so what should i do to add her now while on a student status or laters when she will be converted on visitor status ?? is there any complications associated with this ?? when i did asylum here i showed her as an alternate to blood relative.

Please guide me what to do to avoid any delays in getting her PR.