+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing Question: Canadian by Descent - Proof of Canadian Citizenship

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi.

I clearly understand that there are only few scenarios stated in the CIC website that can be considered as grounds for urgent processing. I have read them.

Here is my case. I was born outside Canada to a naturalized canadian father who acquired his citizenship before i was born. It's just recently that we knew that i am, indeed, Canadian. Havent been to Canada. Havent seen my father since 12.

I am now 32. My father is 68. At this point, time is of the essence. He is healthy but old. I understand that some applications were sent to PSU without informing the applicant. Mostly were requested to undergo DNA testing.

I have submitted my application on Nov 28 2018 through the high commission in the country to which i was born. I received an AOR on January 28, 2019. No update since.

My worry is considering my dad's age and situation, alone. If anything happens, i dont want it to be too late. Do u think my request for urgent processing can be accommodated? I want to know if they need DNA testing they have to let me know immediately.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi.

I clearly understand that there are only few scenarios stated in the CIC website that can be considered as grounds for urgent processing. I have read them.

Here is my case. I was born outside Canada to a naturalized canadian father who acquired his citizenship before i was born. It's just recently that we knew that i am, indeed, Canadian. Havent been to Canada. Havent seen my father since 12.

I am now 32. My father is 68. At this point, time is of the essence. He is healthy but old. I understand that some applications were sent to PSU without informing the applicant. Mostly were requested to undergo DNA testing.

I have submitted my application on Nov 28 2018 through the high commission in the country to which i was born. I received an AOR on January 28, 2019. No update since.

My worry is considering my dad's age and situation, alone. If anything happens, i dont want it to be too late. Do u think my request for urgent processing can be accommodated? I want to know if they need DNA testing they have to let me know immediately.
N o