+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I'm a federal government employee and I'm in the midst of applying for citizenship. Recently, I was invited via email to apply for an internal job at a higher level, which requires a security clearance that I presently lack. Acquiring this clearance without citizenship entail a lengthy process of several months (generally more than a year) potentially leading to disqualification.

1- In this scenario, would it be wise to seek urgent processing for my citizenship application?
(I possess a copy of the invitation email detailing the job requirements and the necessary security level).

2- Could anyone provide a rough estimate of how the timelines for regular and urgent applications differ?
1. Yes definitely worth a shot. There is a good chance your request will get approved.

2. Timelines vary a lot, so any estimates don’t mean much. If your UP is approved and you do not need to undergo security screening, you can usually expect a processing time of 3-4 months (could be less or more). Otherwise 6-9 months is the average right now for applicants that don’t have to undergo security screening (SS). If you need SS, that pushes the timeline to over a year easily (regardless of UP).

Reactions: Hemotep000

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
1. Yes definitely worth a shot. There is a good chance your request will get approved.

2. Timelines vary a lot, so any estimates don’t mean much. If your UP is approved and you do not need to undergo security screening, you can usually expect a processing time of 3-4 months (could be less or more). Otherwise 6-9 months is the average right now for applicants that don’t have to undergo security screening (SS). If you need SS, that pushes the timeline to over a year easily (regardless of UP).
Thank you for your detailed response! If you don't mind, I have two more questions to trouble you with.

1. Do you believe that possessing a federal government security clearance could potentially help in avoiding secondary screening?

2. Additionally, I have my application filled out and ready to submit, but I didn't select Urgent Processing when I created my profile. Would you advise me to apply now and use the webform to request Urgent Processing, or would it be better to create a new application and select the Urgent Processing option?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thank you for your detailed response! If you don't mind, I have two more questions to trouble you with.

1. Do you believe that possessing a federal government security clearance could potentially help in avoiding secondary screening?

2. Additionally, I have my application filled out and ready to submit, but I didn't select Urgent Processing when I created my profile. Would you advise me to apply now and use the webform to request Urgent Processing, or would it be better to create a new application and select the Urgent Processing option?
1. I have no idea. I suspect it won’t preclude it.
2. Create new application with urgent processing. Doing anything else will just result in delays.

Reactions: Hemotep000

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Good morning everyone,
I submitted my application last week for urgent processing and today I received AOR but it did not mention anything about my request for urgent processing. How would I know if my request is approved or not?
Please respond if anyone has any info.
Thanks

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Good morning everyone,
I submitted my application last week for urgent processing and today I received AOR but it did not mention anything about my request for urgent processing. How would I know if my request is approved or not?
Please respond if anyone has any info.
Thanks

Same here, but I called IRCC and agent told me we are reviewing your request , once we reach to the decision on regards UP , they will email you

ofa12

May 13, 2024
Hi Guys

Your help is really appreciated, I am planning to apply for citizenship through Urgent Processing in 10 days, but still confused.

Should I apply my initial application through paper "mail" as it stated on IRCC website, or should I apply online and attach the explanation letter?

Last edited:

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Hi Guys

Your help is really appreciated, I am planning to apply for UP in 10 days, but still confused.

Should I apply through paper "mail" as it stated on IRCC website, or should I apply online and attach the explanation letter?
I submitted my paperwork six weeks ago and have yet to receive an update. I think the best approach would be online and upload the urgent documents in the optional section. Then submit web form.

Reactions: ofa12

ofa12

May 13, 2024
I submitted my paperwork six weeks ago and have yet to receive an update. I think the best approach would be online and upload the urgent documents in the optional section. Then submit web form.
Thank you for your reply, just to confirm, you have submitted your application through mail and have written on the envelop from outside as stated in their website "Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship" and yet you have not received any reply?

Just to clarify, this is my initial application, I haven't applied yet

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Thank you for your reply, just to confirm, you have submitted your application through mail and have written on the envelop from outside as stated in their website "Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship" and yet you have not received any reply?

Just to clarify, this is my initial application, I haven't applied yet
Yes, but still no update, I called them 6-7 times and they didn’t even answer if they sent it to proper office or not.