+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - PR card renewal with no tax returns

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
All, I plan to renew my PR card but I have not filed any tax for the past 5 years - I have met all residence obligations of having more than 730 days physically in canada with very clear proof from the border official entry record and the passport stamps - but in the application form, they are asking if i can share my tax returns with them.

Questions:

• has anybody managed to renew PR card with no tax returns last 5 years?
  • will it cause a problem if i flag as no the question in the application which checks if i want to share my tax returns with them?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
All, I plan to renew my PR card but I have not filed any tax for the past 5 years - I have met all residence obligations of having more than 730 days physically in canada with very clear proof from the border official entry record and the passport stamps - but in the application form, they are asking if i can share my tax returns with them.

Questions:

• has anybody managed to renew PR card with no tax returns last 5 years?
  • will it cause a problem if i flag as no the question in the application which checks if i want to share my tax returns with them?
Thanks
Many people renew without tax returns. It is not a problem.

You really should file your returns. You may be entitled to credits/benefits.

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
Many people renew without tax returns. It is not a problem.

You really should file your returns. You may be entitled to credits/benefits.

thanks - will there be a problem if i say no to sharing the tax returns with the agent? they have this in the application

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
THANKS alot - may i ask if your information is based on people who already flagged sharing the tax returns as no in the application?