+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card processing and Question of returning Canada

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
Hi,

I want to share my urgent processing result as below. But my question is it has been 3+ weeks that I'm still waiting for my PR card in the mail. I'm already out of the country (in China), and I'm a little worried about not getting PR card when I fly back to Canada on September 5th. I don't have enough time to apply for a travel document in Beijing (it takes a whole month).

So my question is if I fly back to Canada without a PR card, what will happen to me at the boarder in Vancouver Int'l airport? I can show them the original landing document, immigration visa issued on the passport, and this online result (I only became PR this year in February).

Any help/suggestion will be much much appreciated!

Jie

Permanent Resident Card

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 22, 2013.

We started processing your application on July 23, 2013.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on July 25, 2013, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have a visa exempted passport, the airline likely deny you boarding the plane. If you have a US visa, you can return to Canada via US (only by non commercial vehicle) without the PR card though.

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
steaky said:
Unless you have a visa exempted passport, the airline likely deny you boarding the plane. If you have a US visa, you can return to Canada via US (only by non commercial vehicle) without the PR card though.
Thanks Steaky!

I'm really hoping to receive the PR card on time before returning Canada. Do you by chance know the timeline of receiving the card in the mail, after it was approved by the visa office? It is indicated online that I should receive a mail within 4 weeks... Do you think I should contact the call centre to find out?

I'll ask my friend if Beijing airport check the travel documents before allowing you board the plane.

Thanks again!

Jie

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a US visa, you can travel to USA from China and from USA you need to cross the border by road - not by flight - to enter Canada. You will be allowed to enter with your copy of COPR and passport.The other method is difficult to enter Canada without PR Card or PRTD.

Don't believe the given timeline. If you are lucky you may get early or could be delayed for few more weeks.

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
wilson said:
If you have a US visa, you can travel to USA from China and from USA you need to cross the border by road - not by flight - to enter Canada. You will be allowed to enter with your copy of COPR and passport.The other method is difficult to enter Canada without PR Card or PRTD.

Don't believe the given timeline. If you are lucky you may get early or could be delayed for few more weeks.
Thanks so much Wilson! Unfortunately I don't have a US visa (too bad)... I guess I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can give me any useful information about my application...

Do you think it makes a difference as I applied urgent processing and they approve that, which means my case is more urgent?

Thanks again!

Jie

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
I called CIC the other day and the agent said once the status shows approved, it takes another 4 weeks to issue the card. He said I should receive the card by August 26 (it is approved on July 25).

I'll keep this thread updated so people knows the urgent processing timeline.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro,

Did you apply on expired card ? or like before the card got expired ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yjcool1 said:
Thanks so much Wilson! Unfortunately I don't have a US visa (too bad)... I guess I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can give me any useful information about my application...

Do you think it makes a difference as I applied urgent processing and they approve that, which means my case is more urgent?

Thanks again!

Jie
Then try to get a US visa. If you are in China, all you have to do is completing the online forms, going to a CITIC bank branch to buy a calling card and use the calling card to book an appointment with the US consulate. It's not too hard.