waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi all,

Finally, I received PPR today for myself and my wife. I live in Canada (on an implied worker status... so can't leave Canada) but my wife lives in Pakistan and I've read mixed comments about how to courier passport from Pakistan to Canada.
Some say that if you explain the situation to the available courier services, they may take your passport, and some say they don't. Some say that we contact the VO in new york (that's where my application is) and ask them that my wife's visa be stamped at Canadian Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, whereas some say that it requires transferring the file over and full processing.

I have no idea what to do. If anyone has been in a similar position, then I'd really appreciate if you could let me know how you dealt with this situation.

Thanks a bunch.
Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mah87 said:
Hi all,

Finally, I received PPR today for myself and my wife. I live in Canada (on an implied worker status... so can't leave Canada) but my wife lives in Pakistan and I've read mixed comments about how to courier passport from Pakistan to Canada.
Some say that if you explain the situation to the available courier services, they may take your passport, and some say they don't. Some say that we contact the VO in new york (that's where my application is) and ask them that my wife's visa be stamped at Canadian Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, whereas some say that it requires transferring the file over and full processing.

I have no idea what to do. If anyone has been in a similar position, then I'd really appreciate if you could let me know how you dealt with this situation.

Thanks a bunch.
Regards
Well she is going to have to get it to you in Canada. Isbad will NOT stamp her visa. Courier or authorize someone to carry it to you in Canada. Then you will have to find a way to get it back to Pakistan.

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the reply. But it is illegal to courier pakistani passport to/from Pakistan. Nor do I know of anyone who's coming from Pakistan who can bring my wife's passport along with them.
I have already sent an email regarding this to my Visa Office in New York, so let's see what they say.
I am thinking that maybe if the Canadian embassy in Pakistan can send my wife's passport over to my visa office in NY, or my visa office can stamp my visa (since I'm already in canada) and send instructions for my wife to get her passport stamped by canadian embassy in pakistan. But I am not quite sure how long would that take...
Any takers on this one????

Regards

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi PMM,

I may be able to ask someone we know (or rather our very close family friends know) who can bring the passport from Pakistan to Canada.
However, I am wondering what kind of authorization would they need and/or if it is permissible to carry passport into canada this way ?

We are willing to provide a letter of authorization and the use of a representative form as well if need be.
Please suggest.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mah87 said:
Hi PMM,

I may be able to ask someone we know (or rather our very close family friends know) who can bring the passport from Pakistan to Canada.
However, I am wondering what kind of authorization would they need and/or if it is permissible to carry passport into canada this way ?

We are willing to provide a letter of authorization and the use of a representative form as well if need be.
Please suggest.

Thanks
1. A letter along the line of "I hereby authorize Joe Blow to carry the passport of Jane Doe (No. of PP) to deliver it to John Doe.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hey mah87 Congrat for your PR man. why dont you phone VO and explain for your situation. your wife is visiting? or she can come back to Canada and send passport together?
actually my wife's status in Canada is visiting husband. so phone your wife and say come back to Canada.

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
hello mah

dont worry, i brought my wife and kids passport through ordinary mail last week..........!!

i yet receive PPR but i allready have their pass port on hand................!!

so do it now...!! it takes 4 to 7 days to reach here......!!!

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
@Pouce,

Hey, thanks man..honestly it was such a huge relief when I saw the email stating the final instructions for processing of my application. I was excited for about 4 hours... felt all of this was unreal, until reality hit... that it is not legal to courier passport to/from Pakistan :(
And no, my wife doesn't have Canadian visa, otherwise, it would not have been a problem at all.

@PMM
Although, it seems that a lot of people have handed their passport (along with an authorization letter) over to someone who would carry the passport outside Pakistan, but isn't that illegal as well. Although, my wife can give them the authority letter AND give them the letter from the VO asking for passports for visa stamping, I am just not sure of the risk. It would really help to speak to/know of someone who has been through all of this before.

@JSA
Good for you dude! Unfortunately my wife is in Pakistan and it is apparently illegal to mail/courier passport in and out of the country.

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
hello mah plz help my case is also like you.i am from india my husband is in canada he is a principal applicant he added a marriage documents during the process so detroit office transfered our file to new delhi visa office.now no news my husband did medical before adding me.too much worried cant live apart. had ur case transferred to islamabad vo.plz tell me ur reply will be highly appreciated.

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi gagzcanada,

That's very strange... Our file was transferred from Buffalo (where all the CEC applicants have to apply) to New York (a local visa office) and not islamabad. I believe all the CEC applications are to be processed inside north america (but don't take my word for it, please confirm with someone more knowledgeable as well).

In my case, I applied for Canadian PR (under CEC class) in May 2010. Application was filed at Buffalo VO. I got married in November 2010, and filed documents to add my wife to my application (at the time in Buffalo VO) in December 2010. Our application got transferred to New York VO in March 2011. Then we didn't hear anything from them for quite sometime, so after some consultation with other experts (available on this forum), I decided to do my medial exams (end of July 2011) and a week later they sent medical forms for my wife which I mailed to my wife in Pakistan. Her medical was done end of August 2011 and we finally got our passport request (PPR) end of October 2011.

This is our story. Never during the whole process they asked us to get anything processed in Islamabad VO. Even the visa stamping they told us must be done in the VO where application is being processed (NY).

I recommend sending a email from this immigration forum to PMM and jes_ON. These guys know quite a lot about CEC and Canadian immigration in general and reply fairly promptly as well. I hope things sort out for you and your spouse. I totally understand its extremely hard to stay apart from your loved one for a long time :)

Best Regards,

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
Hello mah,
Thanks a lot for ur reply.Do me a one more favour plz .Do it really speed up the process if i send my medical in advance and landing fees to VO as my husband did medical after the medical request.what should we do? as our case status this time is IN PROCESS. .any ways congrats for ur success to get visa. . .may god bless u both. .

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi,

It certainly does speed up the process if you send medicals in advance as well as the RPRF (Right of PR Fee). However, I recommend doing your medicals if you haven't heard back from your VO for quite some time and any email inquiries (if the email was sent 90 days past your application transfer date) haven't returned any satisfactory answer.
I am not sure about DMPs in India, however, DMPs in Pakistan won't do medicals in advance as they need the medical form provided by the VO.
Since, I was in Canada and didn't hear anything about my application for quite some time after my application was transferred over NY VO, I did my medicals in advance and then sent them a fax of my medical receipt with a note on it stating that I am awaiting for medical forms for my wife in Pakistan. A week later I got the medical forms only for my wife :) which meant that doing medicals in advance did speed up my application process or at least brought my application in the officer's sight.

In any case, please send your VO a case specific inquiry. You can find the link for sending such inquiries on CIC website. However, I've observed that some VO might not respond to such inquiries but they do respond to an email with a case specific inquiry, so do both if you see fit. Find out where your application processing is at. Do medicals in advance if possible, if not then send them an update on your current situation (e.g renewed passport if the previous one is expiring in the near future, or change of address, change in family composition, etc).

Also, please consult with experts on this forum. I'm telling you things based on my experience, what worked for me. However, an expert might have a different advice which might be better for you.

Pray... may God Almighty grant you what is better for you. :)

Regards

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
ok thanks mah so nice of u. .my husband also got caips in oct. in which b'fd date is 13th jan.2013. what does it means? dat date is so far and may be it was mistake while typing dat date.what u think?

mah87

Oct 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011 (advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Yes, there's got to be something wrong with that.
I recommend sending a case-specific inquiry about your BF Date to your VO as well as to the VO where your husband applied. Also, I am assuming he applied under CEC category.

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
we are not sure where to send our landing fees.can we ask NEW DELHI VO? tomorrow my husband's medical will also expire.really confused wat to do. .new delhi vo also did a mistake of house no on my ecas recently on 7th jan.2012 becoz address was disappeared on 16th dec.2011 and reappeared on 7th jan.2012.. with wrong address.badly in trouble.plz mah suggest me some steps to do further.