+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent] Post ITA - No Fund in Bank for POF except Salary account

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear all,
i got the ITA last week and now figuring out the POF. I'm currently having no bank saving account which is 6 months old. I only have bank statement which states my monthly salary whose balance is not enough.
  • For the minimum required amount for 1 family member ($12,300), I intended to ask my father give $12,300 as a gift to me, then I will prove it as gift deed. Or the 2nd option, I will ask my father transfer the ownership of the house to me, then I'll liquidate house and deposit the money into my account. For the 2 options, I'm just afraid of the "6 months old" concern.
  • The last option is to ask my father transfer the ownership of his bank savings to me which is already more than 6 months, but the amount of money is much more than $12,300.
Senior member please help to advice!!! Thank you!!!

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ask dad to transfer $, keep the proof of paper trail & as per local laws get appropriate legal docs necessary to legalize the gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anims

Anims

Mar 17, 2017
Hi,
Please I also have similar question. I have two different accounts -a salary account and a regular current account. My mother supported me with the necessary funds and paid it into my regular current account. My questions are as follows;
1. Do I need to submit both bank statements. My fear is that if I submit only the regular current account , they might query the fact that there is no evidence of receiving salary in that account. My regular salary account does not have much in it.

2. I intend on using a gift deed signed by my mother. Do I need to include her bank statement?

3. Is there any special format for the gift deed?

Anims

Mar 17, 2017
Hi,
Please I also have similar question. I have two different accounts -a salary account and a regular current account. My mother supported me with the necessary funds and paid it into my regular current account. My questions are as follows;
1. Do I need to submit both bank statements. My fear is that if I submit only the regular current account , they might query the fact that there is no evidence of receiving salary in that account. My regular salary account does not have much in it.

2. I intend on using a gift deed signed by my mother. Do I need to include her bank statement?

3. Is there any special format for the gift deed?

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Dear all,
i got the ITA last week and now figuring out the POF. I'm currently having no bank saving account which is 6 months old. I only have bank statement which states my monthly salary whose balance is not enough.
  • For the minimum required amount for 1 family member ($12,300), I intended to ask my father give $12,300 as a gift to me, then I will prove it as gift deed. Or the 2nd option, I will ask my father transfer the ownership of the house to me, then I'll liquidate house and deposit the money into my account. For the 2 options, I'm just afraid of the "6 months old" concern.
  • The last option is to ask my father transfer the ownership of his bank savings to me which is already more than 6 months, but the amount of money is much more than $12,300.
Senior member please help to advice!!! Thank you!!!
Which option did you go with the gift deed one? If that is so how did you executed it?