+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Please

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
Hello! I got Married before I apply to Canada I applied for Temporary working permit as receptionist in Edmonton My working Visa came out this January 28, but my agency told me to put the application in Single then when I will apply for the PR, and apply for the Married status. I hope I will not have any problem when i apply for PR. Please advise...

TrynaBL

Feb 22, 2014
Well, I'm no expert, but I'd say that if you were married BEFORE ever applying to you temporary work permit and you lied about it, it will probably come back to haunt you. I mean, you'll probably have problems in the future because of that.

Your agency didn't do a very good job telling you to lie when filling in an OFFICIAL document that would possibly become basis for an immigration.

I honestly haven't an idea of what you might do to try and fix it, sorry. :(

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
NTANG said:
Hello! I got Married before I apply to Canada I applied for Temporary working permit as receptionist in Edmonton My working Visa came out this January 28, but my agency told me to put the application in Single then when I will apply for the PR, and apply for the Married status. I hope I will not have any problem when i apply for PR. Please advise...
Telling a lie is a Big Big No in Canada's immigration. Tell the truth. Don't follow what agency told you.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
this will cause you problem...you should declare if you are married in your application especially that the marriage happened before your application. later on, you will be asked to provide a marriage certificate and the date will reflect that the marriage happened before you applied to come to canada. not only will your spouse be inadmissible, but your pr may be taken away from you for committing fraud...c",)

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
But i am not cheating, I did not get my marriage contract yet thats why i stated single. How i can apply for married if i don't have the papers yet.

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
TrynaBL said:
Well, I'm no expert, but I'd say that if you were married BEFORE ever applying to you temporary work permit and you lied about it, it will probably come back to haunt you. I mean, you'll probably have problems in the future because of that.

Your agency didn't do a very good job telling you to lie when filling in an OFFICIAL document that would possibly become basis for an immigration.

I honestly haven't an idea of what you might do to try and fix it, sorry. :(
Thank you for your response. excuse me but i did not lied its only that i don't have my marriage contract yet that is why i stated single

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
denyelay said:
Telling a lie is a Big Big No in Canada's immigration. Tell the truth. Don't follow what agency told you.
As i have said my agency told me to put single since i don't have my marriage contract yet because when you married in philippines especially muslim rites its takes 2 to 3 months to get the marriage contract that is why my agency told me to state single

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
natsy said:
this will cause you problem...you should declare if you are married in your application especially that the marriage happened before your application. later on, you will be asked to provide a marriage certificate and the date will reflect that the marriage happened before you applied to come to canada. not only will your spouse be inadmissible, but your pr may be taken away from you for committing fraud...c",)
As i have said I did not tell a lie the reason why i stated single because i don't have the marriage contract yet because papers did not come that easy so my agency advise me to put single since i don't have the papers yet because my marriage rites is muslim it take 2 to 3 months to get the papers.

NTANG

Mar 1, 2014
as i have said I did not tell a lie the reason why i stated single because i don't have the marriage contract yet because papers did not come that easy so my agency advise me to put single since i don't have the papers yet because my marriage rites is muslim it take 2 to 3 months to get the papers.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well.. the question is..when did you get married? and when did you logged your application to embassy? It doesn't matter if the papers will be available after 3 months. The immigration will look on the dates you declared? You may able to correct it, if your working visa still in process, other wise you will face some difficulties to be come PR in near future due to misrepresentation in your application. Good luck!