+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent please help

J1n

Aug 9, 2017
I have applied for TRV from India for attending a conference on July 11, 2017 via paper application.
Then i linked it to my online account.
the status says:
We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
But final decision is Blank.
what does this mean?
This status remains unchanged for more than 4 days. and they not dispatching my passport either.

when tracking vis VFS it says, under progress at Delhi embassy.

one of my friend with exactly same profile and documents got her VISA approved, while another friend is suffering from the same situation like mine.

My ticket is on 18th august. please help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied for TRV from India for attending a conference on July 11, 2017 via paper application.
Then i linked it to my online account.
the status says:
We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
But final decision is Blank.
what does this mean?
You have most probably been refused. You'll need to wait until the 'Final decision' status changes and you get the letter for the refusal reasons.

This status remains unchanged for more than 4 days. and they not dispatching my passport either.

when tracking vis VFS it says, under progress at Delhi embassy.
You can email the New Delhi visa office to request your passport. However, I think the earliest you can expect your passport back (if it has not been dispatched as yet) is Thursday next week due to holidays.

one of my friend with exactly same profile and documents got her VISA approved, while another friend is suffering from the same situation like mine.
No two applications are identical. Assessment/approval of visas depends on a number of factors.

My ticket is on 18th august. please help.
I would cancel the travel

J1n

Aug 9, 2017
I understand. but the applications were truly identical- same indian university, same conference, same funding, same flight tickets, same accommodation, similar family backgrounds (all members residing in India), both of same age without any previous travel history.
Anyways, is there any chance of approval? Actually I was wondering because they are not uploading the final decision for the past few working days.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I understand. but the applications were truly identical- same indian university, same conference, same funding, same flight tickets, same accommodation, similar family backgrounds (all members residing in India), both of same age without any previous travel history.
Anyways, is there any chance of approval? Actually I was wondering because they are not uploading the final decision for the past few working days.
Yes, it definitely happens, cases that were identical but had different results. Might have meant that different officers assessed the applications and had different opinions.