+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Please help - Query on Indian PCC from Canada for Express Entry

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi I have the below question . I am WP in Canada and my spouse is also with me. We need to apply for Indian PCC for express entry.

The problem is - We got married but our parents don't know about it. And i don't want them to know as well :

My passport doesn't have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.
I had got my passport renewed last year from Canada and in that also i had listed marital status as Single.

How to proceed with PCC -form in BLS is asking for Marital Status - can we just say single ?
Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in Canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

If we mention as Married , cops ask about Marriage when they go for inquiry so i thats why I am hesitant in mentioning as married on the BLS form :(

Can someone please advise on how to proceed - Really stressed- Will appreciate if someone can help based on personal experience

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi I have the below question . I am WP in Canada and my spouse is also with me. We need to apply for Indian PCC for express entry.

The problem is - We got married but our parents don't know about it. And i don't want them to know as well :

My passport doesn't have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.
I had got my passport renewed last year from Canada and in that also i had listed marital status as Single.

How to proceed with PCC -form in BLS is asking for Marital Status - can we just say single ?
Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in Canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

If we mention as Married , cops ask about Marriage when they go for inquiry so i thats why I am hesitant in mentioning as married on the BLS form :(

Can someone please advise on how to proceed - Really stressed- Will appreciate if someone can help based on personal experience
Why say single on BLS? That's not true. If you are married, then say married.

If you have legit threat of life from family members upon disclosure of marriage - remember, you are in Canada - they can't do shit to either of you. If you have no threat to life, just people getting angry - let them be. You can't stress yourself and risk your PR to make immature people feel comfortable. Also, it isn't 2000's anymore where love marriages are treated the same way by Indian middle class, 2023 is a bit better. Only downside of being truthful is that you'd look a bit bad and/or some people will think you marrying someone outside of their preference/caste/etc brought shame to their family.

You not informing them whether you got married is a separate family dynamic that I won't go into. But, stop worrying about problems that don't exist :) You can't please everyone in life . Don't let the old school garbage take you down. Support your spouse by proudly, openly being their partner. Isn't that why we move to first world countries?

Reactions: neo69