Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Hi,

I live in Toronto and I have applied for CEC. I have received pass port request from Buffalo and I was going to authorize a friend to submit my passport to Buffalo office tomorrow.
But today I noticed that they have changed the rules according to following notice. I am not sure does this change include my case or it is only for TRV or work permit or ...
Please help me what should I do?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#mail

Effective May 7, 2012, the Canadian visa offices in Buffalo and Detroit will no longer offer same-day non-immigrant services. Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Temporary Resident Permits, and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must submit applications by mail only. No cash payments will be accepted. Please see the following links for application submission and fee payment instructions at the Canadian visa offices in the United States: Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Washington.

Regards
Mari

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
mari1981 said:
Hi,

I live in Toronto and I have applied for CEC. I have received pass port request from Buffalo and I was going to authorize a friend to submit my passport to Buffalo office tomorrow.
But today I noticed that they have changed the rules according to following notice. I am not sure does this change include my case or it is only for TRV or work permit or ...
Please help me what should I do?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#mail

Effective May 7, 2012, the Canadian visa offices in Buffalo and Detroit will no longer offer same-day non-immigrant services. Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Temporary Resident Permits, and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must submit applications by mail only. No cash payments will be accepted. Please see the following links for application submission and fee payment instructions at the Canadian visa offices in the United States: Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Washington.

Regards
Mari
Hi Mari,

I believe that's for non-immigration cases only, and your case is an 'immigration' case, so u can do in-person request (my understanding).
Good luck and congratulations on getting PPR. ;)

Nylam