+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - please help! Call from CIC today!

bender20

Mar 4, 2012
Hello to everyone on this forum! We are desperate for some assistance. To anyone who can shed light on our situation, it would be greatly appreciated!

Our application has been in process since May 2012. We recently received a request from the Guatemala Office (we applied outbound) to have new medicals done and to send a prepaid air waybill. Our second set of medicals (first set expired) were completed and sent mid-january. We just sent the air waybill to Guatemala last week, and tracking proves that it reached the embassy yesterday morning. This morning my husband received a call from CIC. We missed the call as my husband was at work. :(

I know people regularly receive calls from CIC when PR is being issued, but has it ever happened to anyone so fast that CIC calls the next day after receiving the documents requested from the applicant? I am more concerned that they are calling us over an issue (although all previous contact has been through our lawyer's office in Canada - this is the one and only contact that CIC has made to us directly). I find it hard to believe that they could issue the PR in one day (I'm hoping so, but I'm also trying to be realistic).

Has anyone else had this experience? Please advise. THANK YOU!!

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
I'm sure that by now you must already figure out why they called you.... Good news I hope.... I did received a call from them and it was to give a tracking number for an envelop they were sending me... Requesting my passport and fingerprints done... Please tell us what happen with the call...

Thanks