+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please guys

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys
Landed in September and applied for PR
Got my pr But for my wife's they requested a new pic
We are outside Canada now
And if we take a new photo out, it will show we are out.
Can we send a photo with an old date before landing ?
Or what shall I do?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
if the picture is dated, probably not since the pictures must be recent.

i don't see how getting a new photo will "show you are out". PR pictures don't have locations listed on them, so why does it matter where you get it done? Most PR applicants have pictures taken outside of canada. it's pretty normal.

there shouldn't be an issue about your wife not being in canada, it is not required to stay in canada after landing. what IS required is that you must meet your residency obligations to maintain pr. CIC will only mail the card to a canadian address, but that doesn't mean they will refuse to create a pr card for someone who's not currently in canada. more than likely they aren't even going to notice where it was mailed from. that's really not their immediate concern. I think you are stressing over something that is not even an issue.

follow the directions and send the picture in. there's really no reason to now comply with this request. it is more risky to send in an old picture because it can be rejected and you'll get a request for another one anyway.

i am confused if she has even landed yet or if her pr approval is separate from yours?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
M.ali.khalf said:
Hello guys
Landed in September and applied for PR
Got my pr But for my wife's they requested a new pic
We are outside Canada now
And if we take a new photo out, it will show we are out.
Can we send a photo with an old date before landing ?
Or what shall I do?
Did your wife land along with you already and then you both left Canada?

Here is a helpful link for photo specifications:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think your lawyer is incorrect. Realistically, anyone applying outland for a PR isn't necessarily going to have a picture taken in Canada. They will have it taken in the country of residence at the time they receive the notification. If fact, I suspect that CIC would expect the picture to be taken outside of Canada that you supply to them in most cases.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
M.ali.khalf said:
We both left
A lawyer is telling me that the stamp and address should be inside canada
Confisedddd
it is quite common for immigration lawyers to provide inaccurate and dumb information. there is no issue sending a picture for a pr card from outside of canada. if your lawyer is telling you that, fire him. as blue states above, MOST people send PR card pictures from OUTSIDE OF CANADA. your lawyer doesn't know what he is talking about and sounds like an idiot TBH.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Buletruck said:
I think your lawyer is incorrect. Realistically, anyone applying outland for a PR isn't necessarily going to have a picture taken in Canada. They will have it taken in the country of residence at the time they receive the notification. If fact, I suspect that CIC would expect the picture to be taken outside of Canada that you supply to them in most cases.
I think the OP was in Canada when they were requested photos for his wife but they had to leave Canada. I think OP can confirm it.

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
Thanks guys for your comments
Yes my wife landed with me and everything went smooth at that time
The issue is; if you leave Canada before rdcing your PR, you need to get a travel document to go to Canada again.
I am afraid if I sent the new pics from my home country, they refuse to issue it and they ask her to enter with a travel document and then start pr process again

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
M.ali.khalf said:
What is OP?
"Original Poster" of the topic

I suppose the following might have happened to you:

1. You received your PR card and at the same time your wife received photo request but as u might did not have time, you went overseas. If you did have time, why didn't you send the pics before going abroad?

2. You received your PR card and due to some urgency or some work you had to go overseas and in the meanwhile someone informed you about the letter from cic about the photos.

What scenario happened to you? If none of the scenarios happened as mentioned above then what exactly happened?

I am not sure if sending the pics from abroad should cause any problems. Anyway, your wife has to apply for pr travel document to re-enter Canada. The landing process won't start again as you are already landed immigrant. Anyway, if you send the pic and cic accepts it, they will mail the PR card to Canadian address only, so are you planning someone to send the PR card from Canada to overseas?

Bobo2016

Oct 14, 2016
Hi,
The experts here are all correct, i don't see why you are stressing, send in the picture and wait. If your wife needs to travel to Canada before her card arrives, she can fly into the US and then use any of the land borders to get in to Canada with her PR certificate (the long paper that you presented when you initially landed) but the trip must be via a private car, you can arrange for a friend or family to cross the border and drive her over this is if she does not want to apply for a travel cert. If your concern is on the envelope post mark from outside the country, why not mail it to someone in Canada to now help you mail it to the office?

Good luck!

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
"Original Poster" of the topic

I suppose the following might have happened to you:

1. You received your PR card and at the same time your wife received photo request but as u might did not have time, you went overseas. If you did have time, why didn't you send the pics before going abroad?

2. You received your PR card and due to some urgency or some work you had to go overseas and in the meanwhile someone informed you about the letter from cic about the photos.

What scenario happened to you? If none of the scenarios happened as mentioned above then what exactly happened?

I am not sure if sending the pics from abroad should cause any problems. Anyway, your wife has to apply for pr travel document to re-enter Canada. The landing process won't start again as you are already landed immigrant. Anyway, if you send the pic and cic accepts it, they will mail the PR card to Canadian address only, so are you planning someone to send the PR card from Canada to overseas?
Hi
The 2nd one
I could not wait in Canada because I had to gwt back toqork to ginish my contract till april and leave
She is not planning to travel before April and all I am afraid of is to send her pics in an envelope from Egypt and they know from the photographer stamp she is outside outside .. they dont issue a new pr because they dont isaue for people outside ..

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
Bobo2016 said:
Hi,
The experts here are all correct, i don't see why you are stressing, send in the picture and wait. If your wife needs to travel to Canada before her card arrives, she can fly into the US and then use any of the land borders to get in to Canada with her PR certificate (the long paper that you presented when you initially landed) but the trip must be via a private car, you can arrange for a friend or family to cross the border and drive her over this is if she does not want to apply for a travel cert. If your concern is on the envelope post mark from outside the country, why not mail it to someone in Canada to now help you mail it to the office?

Good luck!
Yes I can send the envelope to my neighbour and he can send it accordingly.
All my worries are about the stamp and address of photographer.."aoh yes she is outside canada, we will not issue pr"