+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Please: Education Points

elserwy

Jun 10, 2010
any one can help

elserwy said:
Dear all

i have a master's degree but i did NOT have to study full time for my master. i had first year as courses with credit hours and affter i passed this year i had to prepare a thesis. the period of the thesis is not defined you may finish in 1 year of max 5-6 years. during these years you follow up with your supervisor and you don't have to attend classes. it is about how you manage it with your supervisor.

the question is, do i add these years, 6 years, to my university formal education years to (5 undergraduate+6 postgraduate) ?
and if i have to, Shall i add 6 years (cosidering that it was not full time) or how to calculat it ?

many thanks
Any one can help

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The final certificate / transcripts you got, has anything specially mentioned?

See, Part-Time courses are also valid if they are equivalent to full time studies....

If your course is from public university which requires mandatory attendance then, you'll get 25 points

elserwy

Jun 10, 2010
tarakrs said:
The final certificate / transcripts you got, has anything specially mentioned?

See, Part-Time courses are also valid if they are equivalent to full time studies....

If your course is from public university which requires mandatory attendance then, you'll get 25 points
thanks Tarakrs, the certificate i have dosen't have anything specially mentioned, as this is the system of the master studies on my country. u do your master's whille working. others may decide not to work. it is fully a research study+ 1 preparatory year.

i am sure my certificate is recognized as a master degree, but the question is how this will count in to my formal education years? especially that i will introduce work expecience certificate at the same periode
(the period i was doing my master)

difficult case isn't it

thanks man

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well not really...

It you can manage to attend 15 hours of class per week and can work for 37.5 hours per week, you can claim points for both...

Its nowhere written on the CIC website that, you can not work when you do ur studies, however, the experience you are claiming should fall in NOC as well as it should be relevant to your at least bachelors degree...

This will easily make VO understand that, you could get the job after completion of your bachelors in the field of your education and you also continued for the masters in the same....

Hope this helps you

elserwy said:
thanks Tarakrs, the certificate i have dosen't have anything specially mentioned, as this is the system of the master studies on my country. u do your master's whille working. others may decide not to work. it is fully a research study+ 1 preparatory year.

i am sure my certificate is recognized as a master degree, but the question is how this will count in to my formal education years? especially that i will introduce work expecience certificate at the same periode
(the period i was doing my master)

difficult case isn't it

thanks man

elserwy

Jun 10, 2010
tarakrs said:
Well not really...

It you can manage to attend 15 hours of class per week and can work for 37.5 hours per week, you can claim points for both...

Its nowhere written on the CIC website that, you can not work when you do ur studies, however, the experience you are claiming should fall in NOC as well as it should be relevant to your at least bachelors degree...

This will easily make VO understand that, you could get the job after completion of your bachelors in the field of your education and you also continued for the masters in the same....

Hope this helps you
thanks again man

yes my job was in the same field as my bachelor and my master as well so i can put

10 yrs as unversity education (5 for bachelor + 5 for the master)

best wishes

SHAVIK6

Jun 10, 2010
i sent my application on 6 march 2010 but still not get any response

can any tell me how much time will take initial process.

i m from india.

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God only knows...

SHAVIK6 said:
i sent my application on 6 march 2010 but still not get any response

can any tell me how much time will take initial process.

i m from india.