Jan 04, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 04,2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2010
Dear all,

Does anybody have an idea about the education points that I should receive based on the following qualifications and periods.

Primary 6 Years ,Intermediate 3 Years and High School 3 Years . Total is = 12 Years Full Time. ( Saudi System)

Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting= 9 months (On-Line From Strayer University)

Bachelor degree of Computer Information Systems = 4 years.

Your inputs is highly appreciated.

Regards,

auqb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Hanein said:
Dear all,

Does anybody have an idea about the education points that I should receive based on the following qualifications and periods.

Primary 6 Years ,Intermediate 3 Years and High School 3 Years . Total is = 12 Years Full Time. ( Saudi System)

Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting= 9 months (On-Line From Strayer University)

Bachelor degree of Computer Information Systems = 4 years.

Regards,
22 Points.

Hanein

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Saudi Arabia-Riyadh (Palestinian)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111, 2174 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 04, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 04,2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that I have submitted my file to Canada and my file is recommended for further processing.

My Friend confirmed to me that I will get 20 points only for education and no points will be added for the undergraduate certificate because it is less than 2 years full time studying.
My deadline to submit the supporting documents to London Visa office is July 4.

Could you please tell me how many points that I should receive based on the following factors:

1. Education

Bachelor degree of Computer Information Systems = 4 years from Jordan

2. English

IELTS Results

Listening 7
Reading 6.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7

3. Wrok Experience : 9 years in the World Bank - United Nations: under 38 category to qualify FSW.

4. Age 29

5. No arranged Employment

6. Adaptability

I am divorced no children, My X-husband' sister and her daughters have the Canadian Nationality but I don't have copies of their passports and I lost their contact.

If I don't meet the requirements, How can I improve my score to reach 67. I tried to get more points in IELTS but could not.

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have bachelors degree so you'll get only 20 points....

Follow www.cic.gc.ca..... It is clearly mentioned that if a degree at Bachelors level with total 15 or 16 years of full time study, award yourself 20 points

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

elserwy

Jun 10, 2010
how master years count?

Dear all

i have a master's degree but i did NOT have to study full time for my master. i had first year as courses with credit hours and affter i passed this year i had to prepare a thesis. the period of the thesis is not defined you may finish in 1 year of max 5-6 years. during these years you follow up with your supervisor and you don't have to attend classes. it is about how you manage it with your supervisor.

the question is, do i add these years, 6 years, to my university formal education years to (5 undergraduate+6 postgraduate) ?
and if i have to, Shall i add 6 years (cosidering that it was not full time) or how to calculat it ?

many thanks

Hanein

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111, 2174 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 04, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 04,2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2010
Dear Tarakrs,

Thanks for ur reply.

Kindly note that I have 2 degrees (Bachelors and Undergraduate certificate).

Could you please let me know if they will consider the undergraduate certificate? does it add any points? I heard that it could add 2 points. If so, then the total points is 67. It is a full program (6 courses) from American University and in different field than my Bachelor's. The total credit hours is 27 at Bachelors level.

Many thanks.
Hanein

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Friend your total score is 65 points.... The only option you have is to re-attempt IELTS and try to score 7.5+ in listening section... That will award you full 4 points in that particular section and you will gain 2 points.... This will make your total score to 67 points and you'll be eligible to file under FSW.... All the best

Hanein said:
Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that I have submitted my file to Canada and my file is recommended for further processing.

My Friend confirmed to me that I will get 20 points only for education and no points will be added for the undergraduate certificate because it is less than 2 years full time studying.

Could you please tell me how many points that I should receive based on the following factors:

1. Education 20

2. English 14

IELTS Results

Listening 7 2
Reading 6.5 4
Writing 7 4
Speaking 7 4

3. Wrok Experience : 9 years in the World Bank - United Nations: under 38 category to qualify FSW. 21

4. Age 29 10

5. No arranged Employment 0

6. Adaptability 0

Total: 65

I am divorced no children, My X-husband' sister and her daughters have the Canadian Nationality but I don't have copies of their passports and I lost their contact.

If I don't meet the requirements, How can I improve my score to reach 67. I tried to get more points in IELTS but could not.

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look my friend, if your this additional certification is at bachelor's level and that too from a university then only you'll get 22 points... Please follow the link I sent in one of my previous posts

Hanein said:
Dear Tarakrs,

Thanks for ur reply.

Kindly note that I have 2 degrees (Bachelors and Undergraduate certificate).

Could you please let me know if they will consider the undergraduate certificate? does it add any points? I heard that it could add 2 points. If so, then the total points is 67. It is a full program (6 courses) from American University and in different field than my Bachelor's. The total credit hours is 27 at Bachelors level.

Many thanks.
Hanein

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarakrs,

You are quite correct as to claim full 25 points you need to have atleast full time or equivalent to full time study AND Master degree , So both are must & hanein you does not have master degree so I think it will a tough road for you to get full marks.

It's just my view.

Honeyjack

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanein said:
Thanks for your reply.

1. Education

2. English

IELTS Results

Listening 7
Reading 6.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7

3. Wrok Experience : 9 years in the World Bank - United Nations: under 38 category to qualify FSW.

4. Age 29

6. Adaptability

Dear Friend,

I am calculating your points. My answer is in red color fonts.

1. Education 20 POINTS

2. English 14 POINTS

IELTS Results

Listening 7 2 POINTS
Reading 6.5 4 POINTS
Writing 7 4 POINTS
Speaking 7 4 POINTS

3. Wrok Experience : 9 years in the World Bank - United Nations 21 POINTS

4. Age 29 10 POINTS

6. Adaptability 0 POINT (NO POINT FOR X-SPOUSE OR RELATIVE OF X-SPOUSE)

TOTAL 65 POINTS

SUGGESTION:

1. You must have at least 1 year work experience under 38 category to qualify FSW.

2. You need to score 67 out of 100 points.

3. You should take IELTS again and target Average 8 band to reach on required score. You need 16 points in IELTS. You must reach 7.5 band in Listening. I think, it is easy for you if you try. Please take IELTS again 2-3 times to get required score.

4. If you marry again and spouse is Diploma then 3 points, bachelor degree then 4 point and master degree then 5 points.

5. You will not get any point for your x-husband. Relative of X-husband will not be accepted for points.

Hanein

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111, 2174 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 04, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 04,2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2010
Sorry for bothring you again !!

Yes the certificate is from Strayer University. But don't know if it is at Bachelors degree level? What does that mean?

I cheked the link but could not figure out if it will be considered or not?

I tried to improve my IELTS 4 times but could not pass the listening part??

Can I send the file to London? This way I will have more time to schedule for another Ielts TEST? It takes more than 2 months to get a reservation? Any idea????

Thanks

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand.... but, since you said its a certification course so, it would not be at the bachelors level... The only option here I see for you is improving your score in listening section in IELTS.

Now, have you already send your application to CIO, Nova Scotia? if not then, as per the new rule after 10 April 2010, you would require to attach your IELTS TRF (Test Result Form) with your application

Hanein said:

Yes the certificate is from Strayer University. But don't know if it is at Bachelors degree level? What does that mean?

Can I send the file to London? This way I will have more time to schedule for another Ielts TEST? It takes more than 2 months to get a reservation? Any idea????

Thanks

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanein said:

Thanks

1. I think, You will get 20 points because all bachelor degree after 12th, get 20 point. It is 20 points for 12+3 General bachelor Degree or 12+4 Engineering Bachelor Degree or 12+5 years Medical bachelor Degree. All Bachelor degree awarded only 20 points only.

2. You have not done any other 1 year course, what you have done is 9 month course, there is no points for 9 months program. Please do not depends on education points other than your bachelor degree.

3. Better try for IELTS again. Register the date for IELTS like 20 June and 5th July. Take 2 test continuously, you will get required score. I guess your English is good.

4. Send your Full document on time, before dead line complete. You can take IELTS after sending full document and send IELTS result to visa office after 1 month or later.

Hanein

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111, 2174 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 04, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 04,2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2010
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks All.

I really appreciate your answers. Many thanks. Wish you the best of luck.