+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: PGWP, Implied Status and ITA..Confusion

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
hi Guys

My situation is, I recvd ITA under FSW few weeks back...I meet CEC and FSW both.

However, I am on implied status now as my PGWP expired and chances of new work permit are almost nil as I dont have LMIA. I have already booked my tickets to go back and wait.

I was just going thru a blog on this forum about whether to answer YES or NO for " Valid job offer " as I dnt have LMIA. Reading all the answers, it seems the answer shud be "NO" as I dnt have LMIA either.

My concern is, Can I now change the answer to "NO" and attach a Letter of Explanation for the same. I am worried whether my points will be affected and they will make my profile ineligible after I submit all docs.

Also, if I make a profile under implied status, will it be any issue at all?

Or should I just decline the ITA and start all over ?

Thanks

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very good question. I am also wondering if your status does have anything to do with your application? I mean lets say, if you submit your application post ITA and you are selected under FSW but your visa's going to run out by the time your application is processed, will they reject your application? I read on the rejection thread that one person had that happen to him but I wonder if that was that exact reason or could it have been any other problem.

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess that can relate to my situation. My PGWP expired on 9th July. Before it expired I applied for a TRV on the 8th so I could continue to stay in Canada for at least the next 6 months which usually is how long the TRV is given for. I created my EE profile on the 12th and got an ITA on the 17th. I will most likely be submitting my application next week and till now I still have not received my TRV due to their processing times. All in all, given the time fram my PR application will most likely be completed and processed before my TRV runs out allowing me to stay and not leave Canada period.