+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
CA PR SEEKER said:
Today I sent all the colored pages of passport and i94 copies from online and letter explaining there is no Indian entry exit form , hope this should works, fingers crossed dont know what to more than this
Did you order CBP FOIA records in the meanwhile?

CA PR SEEKER

Nov 9, 2012
Yeah I ordered those by creating a profile in those site, but they did not asked specific questions, I jut sent the passport information and applicant name and date of birth hopefully those are enough , and I hear some this from them soon

truepoint

Aug 31, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm in the same situation.
I applied to renew my PR card. And today I received an email that I need to send Personal immigration entry/exit record or moving certificate.
Could you please tell me did you indicate any amount of money that you are willing to pay( in Processing Fees field)?
is there any specific amount you should type?( Will pay up:)
And does this application on FOIA online web site is only for the US? or it will check my all entries and exits that I had Outside of Canada?
Thank you a lot in advance

Last edited:

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I'm in the same situation.
I applied to renew my PR card. And today I received an email that I need to send Personal immigration entry/exit record or moving certificate.
Could you please tell me did you indicate any amount of money that you are willing to pay( in Processing Fees field)?
is there any specific amount you should type?( Will pay up:)
And does this application on FOIA online web site is only for the US? or it will check my all entries and exits that I had Outside of Canada?
Thank you a lot in advance
I put $100 and I was not charged anything.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Hello,

Here's how to request it:

1- go to this link: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
2- create an account or continue as a guest ( I recommend the creation of an account)
3- select the agency: CBP FOIA division
4- fill in all your personal information.
5- type of record requested it will be: Entry/ exit
6- in the description put the details of your request.
7- click preview and submit.

That's all

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
If anybody is still interested in this,
I ordered FOIA records ( https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home ).

First, I created an account.

After that I created a request with following details:

Agency: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Reason: I wrote that I need my travel records for immigration purposes in Canada, that
at least one entry is missing in I-94 online report, and my passport details (country, number).

I also attached a photo of the passport bio page and a photo of the page with the US visa.

In the "max amount" field I entered $100, but they didn't charge me anything.

I was expecting this to take weeks (or maybe even months), but I received an email
with a PDF file with the requested report the very next day (!!!).

And the most important part is that the entry that is missing in I-94 records is there!!

truepoint

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you, Steve,

Looks like you received your report very quickly, but I'm still waiting for mine. Maybe it's important to put a photo of visa or put more money at least 100$ like you did , who knows.
Well, I'm glad at least someone have this report in a short period of time :)

Last edited:

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
sjakub said:
If anybody is still interested in this,
I ordered FOIA records ( https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home ).

First, I created an account.

After that I created a request with following details:

Agency: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Reason: I wrote that I need my travel records for immigration purposes in Canada, that
at least one entry is missing in I-94 online report, and my passport details (country, number).

I also attached a photo of the passport bio page and a photo of the page with the US visa.

In the "max amount" field I entered $100, but they didn't charge me anything.

I was expecting this to take weeks (or maybe even months), but I received an email
with a PDF file with the requested report the very next day (!!!).

And the most important part is that the entry that is missing in I-94 records is there!!
good work

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Very useful and informative thread. I have significant travel a cross the border, but mostly day trips. I'm 100% certain about my travel, however thought of applying for both CBP FOIA and ATIP from Canada

I read that applying for travel history (ATIP) report from the CBSA while application is "In Process" will significantly delay the citizenship application process. Dose anybody have experience in this regard. Appreciate any help.

Many thanks

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Very useful and informative thread. I have significant travel a cross the border, but mostly day trips. I'm 100% certain about my travel, however thought of applying for both CBP FOIA and ATIP from Canada

I read that applying for travel history (ATIP) report from the CBSA while application is "In Process" will significantly delay the citizenship application process. Dose anybody have experience in this regard. Appreciate any help.

Many thanks
Hey check this link, its written it can cause delays

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

I tell you the trick what to do. Get this report on hand before applying. Do not apply to get this report while your application is in process. I got this report like 2 months before applying.

I tell you more, when you get this report , match every entry with that on your passort, if every thing is fine then you can even include this report with your application. This CBSA report only shows entry to Canada and no exits. Exit dates you can find from entry to USA report. IF every thing is perfect and entry/exit matches with your estimated dates and that on reports then you can do your paper work and include all that paper work with your application. Include these reports also with your application.This will help you facilitate the process and you won't get RQ.

It takes 30 days to get this report. So get this report first and then wait for like 10-15 days then apply

Last edited:
Reactions: await

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hey check this link, its written it can cause delays

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

I tell you the trick what to do. Get this report on hand before applying. Do not apply to get this report while your application is in process. I got this report like 2 months before applying.

I tell you more, when you get this report , match every entry with that on your passort, if every thing is fine then you can even include this report with your application but if God forbid you have some missing entry in CBSA report or some thing that mismatch with your passport then do not include this report with your application. You know what I mean. In that case Just go to interview and if in case officer raises concerns or check your CBSA report then you can provide explanation. I am saying this because in many cases , officers don't even check travel history or order CBSA reports etc.

It takes 30 days to get this report. So get this report first and then wait for like 10-15 days then apply
Many thanks for the prompt reply. I am a July applicant and my application is in process. I totally agree with you... I really should have applied for CBSA records before I sent in my application. I have documented my travel history accurately and they match Arrival/ Departure I94 records. Just thought of applying for the CBSA to make sure that I don't have any surprises during the interview.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Many thanks for the prompt reply. I am a July applicant and my application is in process. I totally agree with you... I really should have applied for CBSA records before I sent in my application. I have documented my travel history accurately and they match Arrival/ Departure I94 records. Just thought of applying for the CBSA to make sure that I don't have any surprises during the interview.
Buddy don't apply for CBSA report now. Let them do themselves if they want to. Did you include I94 records with your application ?

Do you have all entry stamps on passport when you entered Canada ?