Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
On the CIC website it says that the fee is 490 CAD per person (we are 2 adults). We went to Rome's visa office website where we saw that it says "No payments in CAD are accepted, you have to pay in EUROS and the amount must be EXACT"

We went to the bank and said that we want to pay 980 CAD (490x2) but in EUROS. The bank account where from we paid the fee is in USD. So the bank said that "how can we be sure about the appropriate rates and we will just use the rate we have for that day in Greece".

So by the end we paid 760,34 euros.

I would like to know

1) If we made any mistakes and we should have done something differently
2) How will the visa office notify us if there is a mistake with the fee?

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
Re: paying the RPRF advice needed

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11

Hello,

First of all i made clear that we are with rome office. Secondly in the link provided in their passport request email was directing to rome visa office website and it stated an account number which belongs to rome office and not to where you suggest.

Anyone that certainly knows about this stuff please?

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11

In this website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/visas/fees-schedule_frais-programme.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

We see this:

Payment of Fees

Payment can be made by:

Bank draft, direct deposit in euros or by certified cheque in euros made out to the “Embassy of Canada”. The certified cheques in Canadian dollars must be made out to the Receiver General of Canada. Please note that cheques in Canadian dollars not made out to the Receiver general of Canada will not be accepted and the whole application will be returned as "incomplete" to the applicant.
Payment in Euros

Residents of Greece
Residents of Italy, Malta, Albania, San Marino and the Vatican
Residents of Albania
Residents of Greece

Please note: Payments are only accepted in EUROS and NOT in Canadian dollars.

Please make a direct deposit in our Embassy account as per the details below:

Name: Canadian Embassy - Immigration Section (Visa)
Bank Account Number: 100000560132
Agency 14 - Corso Trieste, Rome
ABI: 03069
CAB: 03219
CIN: E
IBAN: IT28 E030 6903 2191 0000 0560 132
SWIFT CODE (for international transfers) BCITITMM 234

Aren't we right in sending the money to visa rome office?

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
PER received: 19-01-2012
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah

Vangelis21 said:
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
Congratulations my friend,
When did u receive the ppr,
Wish u get back the passports so soon , with the maple leaf on it

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Vangelis21 said:
On the CIC website it says that the fee is 490 CAD per person (we are 2 adults). We went to Rome's visa office website where we saw that it says "No payments in CAD are accepted, you have to pay in EUROS and the amount must be EXACT"

We went to the bank and said that we want to pay 980 CAD (490x2) but in EUROS. The bank account where from we paid the fee is in USD. So the bank said that "how can we be sure about the appropriate rates and we will just use the rate we have for that day in Greece".

So by the end we paid 760,34 euros.

I would like to know

1) If we made any mistakes and we should have done something differently
2) How will the visa office notify us if there is a mistake with the fee?
1. As long as u've paid by the prevailing Forex rates of the day -- u r good.
2. Ur IO would contact u, by email/post, if s/he desires a differential.

Qorax

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
please follow the instruction from VO,and make sure you paid to visa office account as requested in their letter..

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Dear Vangjeli,,
You have to check at Fee schedule;It is 490 CAD or 390 EURO p/person.
I'm sorry to tell but you haven't made the correct payment.

The best way for you in this situation is to write the VO and made another payment

Good luck

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. As long as u've paid by the prevailing Forex rates of the day -- u r good.
2. Ur IO would contact u, by email/post, if s/he desires a differential.

Qorax
Hi Qorax da,

I believed likewise initially, momentarily......That one has to pay the equivalent of $ 490 Cad and suggested the same to Vangelis.

Fee schedules from various VO mention a particular number in the local currency in addition to Cad value. The value of the local currency/Cad does'nt change over months or even for years, even though there had been fluctuations in the conversion rates. So I guess one has to pay the amount as written on the website. One has the option to pay by Cad $ or the other currency as mentioned. And also there is no mention on the website that the applicant should do a Conversion before paying the fees. If people begin paying according to the Current rates then there might be an issue to manage the funds.....as sometimes the rate might go up and then fall.....so the consistency is lost.

I remember, in Nov 2010, NDVO had changed the rates for applicants who desired to pay by Indian currency.

In my previous posts I have always advised to pay the fees as mentioned on the website but I dont know what exactly happened with Vangelis's post.....I advised otherwise. :( Maybe a discussion was required on this topic..... :).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fees-help-please-urgent-t123722.0.html

Just my opinion...... :)

Mitali

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
Thanks qorax.

Mitali, greek residents an only pay in euros and not in cad

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangelis21 said:
Thanks qorax.

Mitali, greek residents an only pay in euros and not in cad
Yes, I know Vangelis and thats why your payment should have been 390 Euro.

Mitali

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
mitali said:
Yes, I know Vangelis and thats why your payment should have been 390 Euro.

Mitali
But qorax disagrees! Anyway what happened happened and we decided to wait for their reply. The truth is tha i don't understand why to pay with four-month-old rates. It is not about the money of course, i don't care about 20 euros, i just hope it will not delay our application as we were planning to land early december

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangelis21 said:
But qorax disagrees! Anyway what happened happened and we decided to wait for their reply. The truth is tha i don't understand why to pay with four-month-old rates. It is not about the money of course, i don't care about 20 euros, i just hope it will not delay our application as we were planning to land early december
I can totally understand your situation Vangelis....and I am sure its not about the money.

If you have read my post then you would understand that CIC probably wants consistency and has thus kept a "Constant" number regarding Fees which can be either in Cad or Euro (or any any other currency depending on VO) despite fluctuations in currency market. In your case it is ONLY Euro. And nowhere on the website it is written that an applicant should send the fees after making appropriate conversion.

So, PMM, bundoo, cimi, shaddy and others are correct and I was wrong to initially advise you otherwise.

You have atleast informed your VO about the wrong payment ....so just wait for the VO to revert back to you.

Wish you all the Best Vangelis......just hold on.

Mitali

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
mitali said:
I can totally understand your situation Vangelis....and I am sure its not about the money.

If you have read my post then you would understand that CIC probably wants consistency and has thus kept a "Constant" number regarding Fees which can be either in Cad or Euro (or any any other currency depending on VO) despite fluctuations in currency market. In your case it is ONLY Euro. And nowhere on the website it is written that an applicant should send the fees after making appropriate conversion.

So, PMM, bundoo, cimi, shaddy and others are correct and I was wrong to initially advise you otherwise.

You have atleast informed your VO about the wrong payment ....so just wait for the VO to revert back to you.

Wish you all the Best Vangelis......just hold on.

Mitali
If you see, although that for everyone else it sates that they should check the fee schedule, in the section for greek residents it does NOT! So we weren't even informed about this and when someone tells you pay me X CAD in euros, the normal thing is to check the rates!

Anyway we will see. Now waiting

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangelis21 said:
If you see, although that for everyone else it sates that they should check the fee schedule, in the section for greek residents it does NOT! So we weren't even informed about this and when someone tells you pay me X CAD in euros, the normal thing is to check the rates!

Anyway we will see. Now waiting
What amount was mentioned in the request letter? Can you please post the link to Fee schedule for Greek residents?