+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport After Oath

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
I'm allowed dual citizenship. I also have tons of guarantors so no issue. I could take another option - I checked under normal process I can apply by Friday as well. And then authorize someone to pick up my passport - but are we allowed to send it by fedex? Another option is I can produce the ticket that I need to leave and show passport office on Thursday March 20? What do you think?
I once sent my old passport to US through FedEx, so hopefully your authorized person can later send it to you but again, you can not apply the next day after Oath.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
It is entirely up to you, if you want to ask the officers at the Oath go ahead but I do not think they can do anything for you re the passport (Do not raise the issue before the Ceremony starts :)) you never know what can happen). We were told at the Ceremony to apply after two days only, I even went to the passport office the same day to try my luck but was told NOPE, even for Urgent to wait 2 days!

But if you are sure you can apply from abroad then do that, as I said I am not 100% sure the officers at the Oath can help with the passport.

Best,
Valid points Yolka! What's your passport office ?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
Valid points Yolka! What's your passport office ?
Here is the list of all the passport offices location in Canada. If you apply in person you can choose the one nearest to you.
http://www.passport.gc.ca/service/index.aspx?lang=eng

I chose Mississauga passport office since it was closer to me. My citizenship application office was Scarborough but was too far to go back for a passport. All the best.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
technically , it will be hard for you to get urgent passport that early ..
however you can explore other options
like getting temp traveling documents from can embassy abroad ..
it will atleast let you come back without any issue ..
i dont know much about these procedures but you might wanna call embassy and see what they say
about this
Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad)

if that applies in your case or not .
IMM5627E.pdf

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c0mputer said:
technically , it will be hard for you to get urgent passport that early ..
however you can explore other options
like getting temp traveling documents from can embassy abroad ..
it will atleast let you come back without any issue ..
i dont know much about these procedures but you might wanna call embassy and see what they say
about this
Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad)

if that applies in your case or not .
IMM5627E.pdf
Thanks but after my oath I will not be a permanent resident anymore but a citizen! ;)

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
From my experience, you are not allowed to send it through Fedex, incase if they found it enroute, there are chances of criminal proceedings. It happened to me when my 7 years old expired US passport was sent through fedex.

bam123

Oct 10, 2013
I was in a similar situation; I booked my flight for 4 days after my scheduled oath ceremony for a business trip out of country.

I applied for the passport the very next day of my oath; the guy at the counter accepted my application but did tell me that I'm not even in the system yet. Anyways, I got my passport a day before my flight.

I'd recommend that you go to the passport office, explain your situation, AND, this is very important, put human touch to the whole thing. Tell the guy or gal at the passport office that you need help and that the trip which you planned long ago is important for family or career reasons. If the person is reasonable, he will find a way to help you.

Oh, and take you guarantor with you and give readiness call to your references. They called my references while I was still in the passport office.

Good luck!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bam123 said:
I was in a similar situation; I booked my flight for 4 days after my scheduled oath ceremony for a business trip out of country.

I applied for the passport the very next day of my oath; the guy at the counter accepted my application but did tell me that I'm not even in the system yet. Anyways, I got my passport a day before my flight.

I'd recommend that you go to the passport office, explain your situation, AND, this is very important, put human touch to the whole thing. Tell the guy or gal at the passport office that you need help and that the trip which you planned long ago is important for family or career reasons. If the person is reasonable, he will find a way to help you.

Oh, and take you guarantor with you and give readiness call to your references. They called my references while I was still in the passport office.

Good luck!
Thanks for the awesome suggestions! Hope all this works! Cheers

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Hi all - as my luck would have it I actually need to urgently leave the country - actually March 21 to be exact. My oath is scheduled for March 19. Does anyone have experience with urgent passport process getting done even before the usual "2 business day" wait. I'm suddenly faced with a personal issue and my current nationality doesn't allow reentry into Canada without visa and my PR card will be surrendered by the 19th. Does anyone know if I can submit passport application the day after oath and request urgent 24-hour process by paying higher fee.

Please share your valid experience if any - thanks!
You can inform the citizenship clerk about the situation, they may or may not announce this option during the oath ceremony. But you can tell her, you need to apply for passport urgently as soon as your oath is done as you need to travel. she should be able to explain and expedite the process. Data entry immediate after the oath, document issued from officials and they may instruct you to go to a passport office after that for rush processing.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
You can inform the citizenship clerk about the situation, they may or may not announce this option during the oath ceremony. But you can tell her, you need to apply for passport urgently as soon as your oath is done as you need to travel. she should be able to explain and expedite the process. Data entry immediate after the oath, document issued from officials and they may instruct you to go to a passport office after that for rush processing.
Thank you Rocky - that seems great!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Thank you Rocky - that seems great!
congrats on the big event. :p am sure you are happy and relaxed. just wanted to ask if you more info on this now. :D

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Congratulations bangloboy! did you manage to apply for urgent passport?
Just got my Oath today! Was a great feeling. Spoke to an officer - he said hopefully it should be in the system and to go speak to Passport Canada tomorrow so that they can rush it to be ready for Friday! fingers crossed it all works out! :)

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Just got my Oath today! Was a great feeling. Spoke to an officer - he said hopefully it should be in the system and to go speak to Passport Canada tomorrow so that they can rush it to be ready for Friday! fingers crossed it all works out! :)
That's awesome that you'll be able to apply for a passport tomorrow. I know you'll be busy the next few days, but can you kindly do us a favour and share your experience with Passport Canada? Much appreciated. Congratulations and have a safe trip.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
Perfect! Good luck and safe trip :)