+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Need your help in knowing how spouse can come to Canada..plzz

Kartik.career9

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am going to Canada on student visa to study my 2 years masters in university of Windsor.Post my study i will get 3 years of post study work permit.

I already got married 1 year back and we don't have kids. I want to bring my wife to Canada after my 6 months study.

Can any one help me in knowing below questions:
1. Detail Steps to follow to apply for spouse visa.
2. Chances of getting visa.
3. Can wife do any job in Canada.
4. Any alternative ways are there in getting visa to spouse.
5. Currently she is there in Express Entry pool as main applicant. Is it a problem?
6. Proof required while submitting visa?

Gone through many conversations but got confused. Please help me in knowing answers for above questions. These questions are killing us...

Thanks..

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Kartik.career9 said:
Hi All,

I am going to Canada on student visa to study my 2 years masters in university of Windsor.Post my study i will get 3 years of post study work permit.

I already got married 1 year back and we don't have kids. I want to bring my wife to Canada after my 6 months study.

Can any one help me in knowing below questions:
1. Detail Steps to follow to apply for spouse visa.
2. Chances of getting visa.
3. Can wife do any job in Canada.
4. Any alternative ways are there in getting visa to spouse.
5. Currently she is there in Express Entry pool as main applicant. Is it a problem?
6. Proof required while submitting visa?

Gone through many conversations but got confused. Please help me in knowing answers for above questions. These questions are killing us...

Thanks..
Spouses of International students on study permits are eligible to apply as dependants and come along on an open work permit. That means they can work. I am not sure if being in the pool could be a problem but you can submit application for her TRV just as you did for yourself and her owp.

swamiabhi

Aug 2, 2015
Hi Kartik,

Did you got admission and your student visa with your Wife's OWP.

I am also thinking to apply for student's visa - in PG HR for September intake. have 5.5 years of work experience and want my spouse and kid 5 year old to take along, as cannot stay without them at all.

should i apply my application first and later their's or all together. please suggest.

Thanks. Swati

Kartik.career9

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

I am currently studying my Masters in University of Windsor in Canada with valid student visa. I want to bring my wife to Canada. I have few questions regarding the same, could you please help me out in getting answers:

1. What visa I have to apply for my wife - Visit or Open Work permit? (some people suggesting apply first for visit and once she is in Canada apply for open work permit)
2. How much financial assets do we have to show?
3. She is currently my primary sponsor for my education loan,so is it a problem to her during applying visa of her?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kartik T

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kartik.career9 said:
Hi ,

I am currently studying my Masters in University of Windsor in Canada with valid student visa. I want to bring my wife to Canada. I have few questions regarding the same, could you please help me out in getting answers:

1. What visa I have to apply for my wife - Visit or Open Work permit? (some people suggesting apply first for visit and once she is in Canada apply for open work permit)
2. How much financial assets do we have to show?
3. She is currently my primary sponsor for my education loan,so is it a problem to her during applying visa of her?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kartik T

Should apply for a TOURIST visa and SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT at the same time.
Same says 3kCAD.
Did you apply for an education loan here in Canada? Coz i read before at cic.gc.ca that you cant sponsor when you have property loans or student loan here. Coz the immigration dont want the applicants to be a burden in the govt.

vishal04

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
pune
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th February 2016
File Transfer...
12th February 2016
Med's Done....
29th January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th March 2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hello my situation is similar like you.I m here in Canada on study permit and got married last year.

My wife is my sponsor for education loan in India.But it wont be a issue as long as she can show enough finds in her account.

I would file her OWP VISA in August from Canada only.

your wife would need to show at least 6000-8000 CAD in her account to prove visa officer that she has enough funds to survive in Canada and she wont be burden on you.

and you both need to show funds in your account.