+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! need HELP

chocho

Aug 15, 2007
I am 6months pregnant; I am bringing my elder sister as my livein caregiver nanny from ghana. she followed all the required steps but she was refused visa as she forgot to submit all the rests of documents. one month later she submitted the rest of the documents. today, i get an email from the visa ooffice that her file was closed as she was refused a visa.

the missing item in her document was that, they wanted prooff that while she was a livein nanny in her previous job she was paid. so she had to go back to her employers and each had to write new letters for immigration. note, in ghana, there isnt payslips, 70% of services given or provided are done in cash. also note, not everyone has a bank account. its not developed as north america. yet my sisters employers were able to provide the needed documents. and in the meantime she is taking a 8months training as a caregiver.

what do i do, we need her to be here. i need to return to work or my work is gone after having a baby. we already have a 22months toddler, and this is our second baby. its only myself and my husband. we are desperate.

we need advice and referrals to the best livein caregiver lawyer.

we have all the things my sister submitted to immigration in ghana:

plus, we have the hrsdc job placement ad as well. pretty we were 100% sure that once she resubmitted missing documents her visa will be granted to her. now what.

help me please, we are overwhelmed and dont know what to do.

thanks
chocho

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
So she was denied because she didn't submit documents in time?

I think she has to start over and apply again. Since she knows which documents she'll need, it'll be easier the second time I think.

It will also probably be faster and less expensive than hiring a lawyer.

And it's doubtful you'd be successful in your appeal.

chocho

Aug 15, 2007
thank you for your response. i emailed the immigration in ghana inquiring about why; i also asked if the case can be reopen and if not if she can reapply. i already had a free consultation with a lawyer and they said, it means she will have to reapply, just like you said.

we will wait till she is done her professional training, then we will reapply, we hope she gets the work permits this time around.

thanks
chocho