Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
06-25-2013
softfuel12 said:
Around 6-8 weeks.
That's not right, I GOT the offer letter in just 3 -4 days, I also know couple of more people who got it within 5 days...

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
garyforu1 said:
That's not right, I GOT the offer letter in just 3 -4 days, I also know couple of more people who got it within 5 days...
You're lucky. .

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
garyforu1 said:
Read again she asked for George Brown College.

Naren_262

Sep 10, 2013
softfuel12 said:
Read again she asked for George Brown College.
Hey softfuel12,,can i have you Email ID/Contact no..wanted to clarify/knew how advantages is Informationj System Business Analyst course in GBC since you are already attending it. Also the amount varies a lot in Online and in Offer letter, any specific reason..Appreciate your help..

heinzgree

Sep 29, 2013
Hi I have been thinking to join Information Systems Business Analysis Program at GBC in Jan.

I see softfuel12 is already attending this course. Could you please share your email ID.

I wanted to ask few questions regarding prospects and placements etc.

Thank you in advance.

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
Hello! As a person who studied in Centennial and have friends who studied in two other colleges, I can tell you that the only difference is a) college location and b) whom you want to study with. Everything else is pretty much the same.

If you want to study with mainly people from India, go to Centennial, China and other Asian countries - Seneca, a little bit of everyone including many Canadians - go to George Brown. This is the best advice I can give you. I don't know much about Humber. Think with whom you'll be more comfortable as your co-students. I know that some people feel more comfortable with the majority of classmates being from similar culture as them, others come to Canada because they want to escape it and be open to more opportunities. I'd choose George Brown because it's more diverse, because it's downtown in a very beautiful area and because it has co-op. Co-op programs are very important. They can help you stay at the employer where you passed co-op or find another work in Canada.

Another piece of advice. Choose two year program and get a three year post-grad work permit. One year is not enough. If you want more details, I can share my personal story and many stories of the people around me. You will work but you will not be able to stay with one year work permit. Play safe!

As for employment, everybody in Canada is looking for a Canadian experience. Employers don't care about your previous experience at home. It's good that you have it but not enough. Co-op will help you get that Canadian work experience.

These is my advice learnt in a very hard way. I wish somebody told me what I'm telling you right now before I came to Canada.

ABC577

Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Waiting Waiting Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting Waiting Waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Arwy said:
Hello! As a person who studied in Centennial and have friends who studied in two other colleges, I can tell you that the only difference is a) college location and b) whom you want to study with. Everything else is pretty much the same.

If you want to study with mainly people from India, go to Centennial, China and other Asian countries - Seneca, a little bit of everyone including many Canadians - go to George Brown. This is the best advice I can give you. I don't know much about Humber. Think with whom you'll be more comfortable as your co-students. I know that some people feel more comfortable with the majority of classmates being from similar culture as them, others come to Canada because they want to escape it and be open to more opportunities. I'd choose George Brown because it's more diverse, because it's downtown in a very beautiful area and because it has co-op. Co-op programs are very important. They can help you stay at the employer where you passed co-op or find another work in Canada.

Another piece of advice. Choose two year program and get a three year post-grad work permit. One year is not enough. If you want more details, I can share my personal story and many stories of the people around me. You will work but you will not be able to stay with one year work permit. Play safe!

As for employment, everybody in Canada is looking for a Canadian experience. Employers don't care about your previous experience at home. It's good that you have it but not enough. Co-op will help you get that Canadian work experience.

These is my advice learnt in a very hard way. I wish somebody told me what I'm telling you right now before I came to Canada.

I agree with you.
I studied from Centennial and my experience is also the same....

journeyca

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohhh ???

I m applyin to GBC for september 2014 intake under PGD in financial planning and thats 1 year. And that means 1 year equals 8 months of work permit.
How much time does it takes for reply on application submitted for PR.

How can I get through then?

Experts please advise me a way. Do I take another course or should I enroll myself in any other PGD before my work permit gets over?

Please adivce :-[ :-[

imreadyforca

Jun 5, 2014
Hi Softfuel,

I have similar issue in deciding what to pick and from which college. Can you pls help? Can I call you on your no. if thats ok? I am in India but I can call you.

Pls let me know. thanks.

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
I am going to start this program in sept 2018,just waiting for my visa approval. I have couple of questions, it will be really helpful if you can provide some info..
1) How is the format for mid-term, quiz and final exams? I mean, is it multiple choice or descriptive type? Open book or closed book?
2) How difficult is it to get internship ?
3) How are job prospects in BA field?
Please provide your insights.

Thanks,

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hey guys,
How have your studies and immigration plans panned out? I myself am planning to come to study in Ontario but in the construction industry. Any advice?

rglk123

Aug 9, 2019
hi,
I have almost same query. I want to pursue Post Graduate Marketing course. I applied in:

1. GBC
2. Sheridan
3. Centennial
4. Algonquin

I got offer from Sheridan & Algonquin. GBC & Centennial will announce their decision on September. I want to wait for GBC also do no want to lose Sheridan offer. But if I wait for GBC then I will lose Sheridan Offer as their deadline is 21st August. I am confused. please suggest...