+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Need Help Bridging Open Work Permit

sondjoe

Jan 30, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping that any of you could answer my queries with regards to certain topics about the bridging open work permit. Now, here is our situation, My husband and I are planning to visit our country at the end of the year and my work permit will expire this December the same as his(since he applied for an open work permit as my dependent). Furthermore, we are still waiting for our medical request in lieu to our Permanent Residency Application(CEC April 2013 Applicant). I know I am qualified to apply for a bridging open work permit but I have some questions on how my husband could get a renewal of his open work permit.

1.) Is he eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit?
2.) Can we submit our application for bridging open work permit together?
3.) Could he apply for an open work permit using my bridging open work permit?

Thanks

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
sondjoe said:
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping that any of you could answer my queries with regards to certain topics about the bridging open work permit. Now, here is our situation, My husband and I are planning to visit our country at the end of the year and my work permit will expire this December the same as his(since he applied for an open work permit as my dependent). Furthermore, we are still waiting for our medical request in lieu to our Permanent Residency Application(CEC April 2013 Applicant). I know I am qualified to apply for a bridging open work permit but I have some questions on how my husband could get a renewal of his open work permit.

1.) Is he eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit?
2.) Can we submit our application for bridging open work permit together?
3.) Could he apply for an open work permit using my bridging open work permit?

Thanks
You are good to go. Only the principal applicant can apply for BOWP but you both can apply together with your husband as your dependent.

chipmunk01

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
cecnov2012 said:
You are good to go. Only the principal applicant can apply for BOWP but you both can apply together with your husband as your dependent.
I have applied for PR in CEC category. My closed WP expires in Jun next year however my wife's (co-applicant on PR) closed WP expires end of this year. Could we apply BOWP just for her? I think I am not eligible for BOWP since my WP expires only in June next yr.

Pls advise.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
chipmunk01 said:
I have applied for PR in CEC category. My closed WP expires in Jun next year however my wife's (co-applicant on PR) closed WP expires end of this year. Could we apply BOWP just for her? I think I am not eligible for BOWP since my WP expires only in June next yr.

Pls advise.
I think BOWP cannot be applied only for the co-applicant. Principal PR applicant has to be the main applicant for BOWP and your spouse can be added as a dependent. Though there are people including myself who have got BOWP approved though my current permit is valid more than 4 months I would not recommend you to apply for BOWP unless there is an emergency like your work contract is ending etc (which was my case).

I would suggest you to apply for a dependent open work permit for her based on your current closed permit. CIC would issue an open work permit valid until your current permit.