04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi,

Here is my situation and I hope someone can help me solve this issue quickly. I am currently enrolled for a Full time MBA program at Memorial University of Newfoundland and my study permit is valid till Dec 2015.

I currently hold an Indian passport in which my name is misspelt, (i have a double A in my first name which is captured as a single A!). this has been corrected on my passport but on a seperate sheet with a signature from the regional passport officer and his stamp. However this does not reflect on the main Bio page because of which my Visa and my Study permit also have a spelling mistake. Also since I am a south Indian, we do not have any Family names, but i have my father's name as my last name. In Canada however, they work on a last name, first name basis. Now, my University has captured all records correctly, but when I went in to register with them yesterday, they told me to have it corrected as I may face issues later. So the university offer letter, enrollment letter and the second page of my passport have my name correctly.

The question is: How and Where do I get my name (spelling and order) corrected and How much time does it take?

Also, I need to apply for the MCP, SIN and Driver's License ASAP. Would my current study permit create a problem with these subsequent documents??

Quick replies would be highly appreciated!!

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Why did not you inform the embassy about that before landing in Canada? and I think that the best way is to contact CIC in Canada! they have a number which you can call them through if you are in Canada.

Rgsdas

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Thanks for your reply.

Time was the major issue in not informing the embassy. I got my Visa on 30th july and since the pafso stike was going on I wasnt sure if this would be taken care of in time. Also at that time I only thought that my name was mispelt, it was only yesterday when I went through the school that they said the order of my name is incorrect.

I know its an issue and I want to get it rectified immediately as all my other documents are in place and have the correct name. If anyone can throw more light on how I should be going about this, it would be great.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wrong-info-on-study-permit-t116802.0.html
Check this thread! One of the people who commented on it had a similar problem like yours.

Rgsdas

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hey, Thanks for the Link.

The thread says I can go to any CIC office in person and get it rectified within 21 days! (for which I guess i need to take an appointment as per CIC website, Not sure will check that out). That's a long time though as I have a deadline for MCP and subsequent insurance opt out with the university.

But it sure is a relief to know if it can be done and I don't get thrown out of the country in the process!

Rgsdas

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
So I still need help on this please!!

Over the last two weeks I have been trying to get in touch with CIC via email and till date they have not responded to my two case specific queries. Yesterday, I was finally able to speak to a call center agent who advised me to fill in the form IMM 1436 for ammending the incorrect name on my study permit. However she advised that since I have used the visa to enter the country, I would have to fill out a fresh application to get the name corrected on my visa.

The question is, I had filled in my application form correctly, gave all supporting documents with the right name and also attached a copy of the sheet in the passport which showed the correction on my name. Is there any other way to go about correcting my name on BOTH the study permit and the visa without the hassel of a fresh application?

Kindly help!!

Rgsdas

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Could somebody help me with this please

mikactsuchida

Aug 12, 2016
Hi there!

I am having a similar problem and I was wondering if you have already fixed your problem with the incorrect name on your visa?

Mnpeet

Dec 22, 2017
Hi there!

I am having a similar problem and I was wondering if you have already fixed your problem with the incorrect name on your visa?
Hiii....now I am also having similar problemm....plz guide me what to do and how your problem is solved??