+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(URGENT) My application is FINALLY approved, but….

eleannav

Jun 13, 2022
hi, I am new here. Never been to Canada before. Third world national, applying visitor visa for conference purpose (as guest speaker) and will need to depart to Vancouver on Saturday June 19th.

I applied my visa using the new IRCC portal on 22nd March; did my biometric at VFS Den Haag, NL, on 24th March.
received letter on 10th May that “a decision has been made” and they requested my passport - sent to the VFS immediately.

only today I received an update on the final decision: visa application was approved. Please see the messages below.

but there’s no message.

From another blog I see that there will be a new section called Document Status which consists of counterfoil number. But I didn’t have anything else. No message no number nothing.

this is very nerve wrecking since I am not sure what will happen now. Does anyone have similar issue? And what does it mean then? Do you think I can receive my passport in 5 days? Otherwise I might need to tell the conference organizer that I cannot attend and they will need to search for someone else.
Thanks.

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello, congratulations for your Visa!

Have you checked the estimated timeframes for your country? I'm not aware of how long it may be taking right now after you get that message, but honestly it's 50/50, you could definitely get it within the next days, or not.
Mostly because it depends if your visa is being printed within your country or abroad, if it's abroad it can take 2 weeks or so from the moment you send the passport (that was 2019 pre covid tho, for you to have a perspective) but since it has been pretty much a month of your passport being sent I would suggest be prepared for that 50/50 situation, a lot of stuff is taking more time than usual right now.

My best advice would be to make the Organizer aware of your Visa status, and tell them that if you don't get your passport back within that timeframes to have a back up already.

Hope you can get it soon! Weather is lovely right now!

eleannav

Jun 13, 2022
when you say my country, i suppose the location of VFS i’m applying from right? Because I had to travel to the neighboring country to apply for this visa. No IRCC or VFS in the country i’m living in right now.
In that case, it was 66 days when I applied, and it was reduced day by day, in May i checked it was only 19 days. So it’s very unreliable. My application itself has already been there for 81 days since the completion of my application.

i just received another update 10 minutes ago:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO

do you know how long usually it takes from the IRCC —> VAC —> me?

i have given primary notification to the conference organizer regarding this issue but they are very inexperienced with the visa related issue unfortunately. They are used to taking care of delegates that only require eTA… but yeah, I have asked them in the worst case scenario I may not be able to go but they haven’t responded to me yet (probably time difference as well).

Hello, congratulations for your Visa!

Have you checked the estimated timeframes for your country? I'm not aware of how long it may be taking right now after you get that message, but honestly it's 50/50, you could definitely get it within the next days, or not.
Mostly because it depends if your visa is being printed within your country or abroad, if it's abroad it can take 2 weeks or so from the moment you send the passport (that was 2019 pre covid tho, for you to have a perspective) but since it has been pretty much a month of your passport being sent I would suggest be prepared for that 50/50 situation, a lot of stuff is taking more time than usual right now.

My best advice would be to make the Organizer aware of your Visa status, and tell them that if you don't get your passport back within that timeframes to have a back up already.

Hope you can get it soon! Weather is lovely right now!

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
when you say my country, i suppose the location of VFS i’m applying from right? Because I had to travel to the neighboring country to apply for this visa. No IRCC or VFS in the country i’m living in right now.
In that case, it was 66 days when I applied, and it was reduced day by day, in May i checked it was only 19 days. So it’s very unreliable. My application itself has already been there for 81 days since the completion of my application.

i just received another update 10 minutes ago:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO

do you know how long usually it takes from the IRCC —> VAC —> me?

i have given primary notification to the conference organizer regarding this issue but they are very inexperienced with the visa related issue unfortunately. They are used to taking care of delegates that only require eTA… but yeah, I have asked them in the worst case scenario I may not be able to go but they haven’t responded to me yet (probably time difference as well).
It would help if you told the country you applied from - not vfs as it may or may not be different. For eg: applications from netherlands are processed in London, UK. Depending where you are applying from, your application could be processed elsewhere though biometrics were given in NL. So if it is London and given that it was dispatched today, you have to take into account time it will take from London -> NL -> you.

Reactions: eleannav

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
hi, I am new here. Never been to Canada before. Third world national, applying visitor visa for conference purpose (as guest speaker) and will need to depart to Vancouver on Saturday June 19th.

I applied my visa using the new IRCC portal on 22nd March; did my biometric at VFS Den Haag, NL, on 24th March.
received letter on 10th May that “a decision has been made” and they requested my passport - sent to the VFS immediately.

only today I received an update on the final decision: visa application was approved. Please see the messages below.

but there’s no message.

From another blog I see that there will be a new section called Document Status which consists of counterfoil number. But I didn’t have anything else. No message no number nothing.

this is very nerve wrecking since I am not sure what will happen now. Does anyone have similar issue? And what does it mean then? Do you think I can receive my passport in 5 days? Otherwise I might need to tell the conference organizer that I cannot attend and they will need to search for someone else.
Thanks.
Hi, Congratulations on the Approval. Contact VFS and explain the situation. They can trace your package with passport number and full name, Date of Birth. Also if you can pickup the stamped passport in person at VFS, that is another thing you can request VFS?

eleannav

Jun 13, 2022
Hi, Congratulations on the Approval. Contact VFS and explain the situation. They can trace your package with passport number and full name, Date of Birth. Also if you can pickup the stamped passport in person at VFS, that is another thing you can request VFS?
VFS cannot be contacted and very not responsive. Trying calling them thousands times - international call, useless. Always machine answer…
Im in Belgium. And the VFS is in Netherlands. I cannot travel to NL without my passport since it’s gonna be illegal…

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
VFS cannot be contacted and very not responsive. Trying calling them thousands times - international call, useless. Always machine answer…
Im in Belgium. And the VFS is in Netherlands. I cannot travel to NL without my passport since it’s gonna be illegal…
I guess your PP has been dispatched from Paris then. What update do you get when you use the vfs tracking ID?

Reactions: Mohan_76

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Do you have a confirmation that VFS received your passport? There must a tracking number and a link to track your passport status. Check VFS website.
Some countries VFS offices have a number you can TEXT and will receive the status.