+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Missed to upload certified photocopy of the original document in EE submission

ukapplicant

Jun 25, 2017
Dear All,

I need an urgent guidance on the below.

I submitted my application under CEC on June 20, 2017, and now realized that I forgot to upload the certified photocopy of the original birth certificate in case of my daughter (dependent). Though I have it and got it certified back in April 2017 itself somehow just forgot to attach it with the uploaded doc. Though, I uploaded the following:
  • a copy of the original document (color version)
  • Legal affidavit for the birth certificate
  • the English translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations;
However, my daughter was on study permit in Canada in 2015 and at that time we just provided CIC with
and no official English translation doc was provided. We got the study permit without any issue.

So, I read some other threads and confused that should I also need to upload missing certified photocopy of the original birth certificate. But, here is the dilemma:

1. if I need to upload it then how ? because there seems to be no way to send an additional doc to CIC after you have submitted your application through the express entry.

I will be highly grateful if someone can please guide me on this further. Need help on an urgent basis !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear All,

I need an urgent guidance on the below.

I submitted my application under CEC on June 20, 2017, and now realized that I forgot to upload the certified photocopy of the original birth certificate in case of my daughter (dependent). Though I have it and got it certified back in April 2017 itself somehow just forgot to attach it with the uploaded doc. Though, I uploaded the following:
  • the English translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations;
However, my daughter was on study permit in Canada in 2015 and at that time we just provided CIC with
and no official English translation doc was provided. We got the study permit without any issue.

So, I read some other threads and confused that should I also need to upload missing certified photocopy of the original birth certificate. But, here is the dilemma:

1. if I need to upload it then how ? because there seems to be no way to send an additional doc to CIC after you have submitted your application through the express entry.

I will be highly grateful if someone can please guide me on this further. Need help on an urgent basis !!

It may seem silly, but better to be safe than sorry, I would add it to your application.

You can do that here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

ukapplicant

Jun 25, 2017
Thanks...will do the same..missed to mention previously that I got the birth certificate translated from an agency in Canada...will it cause any difference..
I think i should select the following head in the web form: "Type of application: Permanent Residence (applied online) - Express Entry"

ukapplicant

Jun 25, 2017
i have submitted the web form and uploaded the missing docs..i uploaded under the head "Type of application: Permanent Residence (applied online) - Express Entry"..

looks like it should be ok...

Can someone confirm the same..

Moreover, can someone also let specify how much time it would take to get the missing docs attached to my express entry application. by using webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Request urgent replies, please...

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
i have submitted the web form and uploaded the missing docs..i uploaded under the head "Type of application: Permanent Residence (applied online) - Express Entry"..

looks like it should be ok...

Can someone confirm the same..

Moreover, can someone also let specify how much time it would take to get the missing docs attached to my express entry application. by using webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Request urgent replies, please...
Can you please update on your case? How much time did it take for the additional documents to be uploaded?