+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Is it true that you can extend for longer than 6 months?

attiman

Jan 28, 2018
My visa-free entry expires on March 10th so I need to send in my application for renewal in the next week latest. I heard it is possible to ask for longer than 6 months of extension (my Hong Kong passport allows for 6 months only), does this apply in my case?

THANK YOU ALL.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My visa-free entry expires on March 10th so I need to send in my application for renewal in the next week latest. I heard it is possible to ask for longer than 6 months of extension (my Hong Kong passport allows for 6 months only), does this apply in my case?

THANK YOU ALL.
You would be applying to extend your stay/extend your visitor status. You would not be applying for a renewal.

Requesting an extended stay of longer than 6 months would depend on the reason for your extension

attiman

Jan 28, 2018
You would be applying to extend your stay/extend your visitor status. You would not be applying for a renewal.

Requesting an extended stay of longer than 6 months would depend on the reason for your extension
So If I prove to them I do have a good reason to stay longer, it is entirely possible for them to give longer than 6 months?