+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Is Experience Letter absolutely necessary for study permit application?

@ymk_23

Mar 26, 2023
I worked as a Trainee in my field of study from June 2022 to January 2023 following my graduation in May 2022. Unfortunately, I have only the training appointment letter and bank statements showing payment from my employer. My employer is refusing to provide me with an experience letter as I refused to continue with the job after the training ended. (to apply for my study permit).

Now for my study permit application, would submitting my appointment letter and bank statements as proofs be sufficient? If I am asked to provide the experience letter later in the future I will have to send a legal notice to my employer and this would be long process that I want to avoid.

Otherwise, can I just avoid mentioning at all about this training and show a gap of 8 months?

Expert members, please help me with your advice. Thank you.
@Naturgrl

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Y
I worked as a Trainee in my field of study from June 2022 to January 2023 following my graduation in May 2022. Unfortunately, I have only the training appointment letter and bank statements showing payment from my employer. My employer is refusing to provide me with an experience letter as I refused to continue with the job after the training ended. (to apply for my study permit).

Now for my study permit application, would submitting my appointment letter and bank statements as proofs be sufficient? If I am asked to provide the experience letter later in the future I will have to send a legal notice to my employer and this would be long process that I want to avoid.

Otherwise, can I just avoid mentioning at all about this training and show a gap of 8 months?

Expert members, please help me with your advice. Thank you.
@Naturgrl
You cant avoid mentioning at all, you can mention but not necessary to produce proof. It will appear on your background information forms,

Reactions: @ymk_23