+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Information needed for deferment

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
Hi - For my deferment query, I will provide a brief of my application background as follows:

I am outside Canada and my visa application is currently in Process. Following is the timeline and updates regarding my application:

1 - On 4th July, 2022 I lodged my student visa application with an offer letter in a graduate certificate program from one of the Canadian college (for fall 2022)
2 - In the first week of August 2022, I got an admit to Masters program for Fall 2022 at one of the well-known Canadian University. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROGRAM IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED HAD ONLY SEPTEMBER INTAKE AT THIS POINT
3 - On 9th August, 2022 I informed the IRCC for change of DLI through webform by submitting Letter of acceptance, tuition fee and update statement of purpose.
4 - Yesterday, I got an email from the university that they have approved a one-time only January 2023 intake for students who are not able to attend in September 2022.

QUERY: I am planning to wait on my fall 2022 visa application till august 20, 2022. If my visa is still pending, then I will send my University an email for deferment. Now what should i do to defer my intake on my visa application to January 2023. Will IRCC still be processing my application after september 2022? Do i need to withdraw my visa application or there is something else that i can do.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: