+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- Incorrect date of last entry on COPR

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey guys, I tried doing some research on this forum regarding this but to no avail.

I received my COPR and noticed the last date of entry is the same as the original date of entry (which is a long time ago). I plan on flagpoling tonight - I have a US visa- but my confusion is, will this be a problem for me when the officer looks at that date? Do I need to have it corrected before I land?

Anyone who's had this experience, please advise.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
BA2LAMAZ said:
Hey guys, I tried doing some research on this forum regarding this but to no avail.

I received my COPR and noticed the last date of entry is the same as the original date of entry (which is a long time ago). I plan on flagpoling tonight - I have a US visa- but my confusion is, will this be a problem for me when the officer looks at that date? Do I need to have it corrected before I land?

Anyone who's had this experience, please advise.
Not a big deal.....
When I landed at Etobicoke, the officer corrected the date on her own by asking me the correct date. I did not have to even tell her to that it's incorrect. She mentioned, CIC didn't have that data in the system therefore, they ask the candidates and correct it and initial it.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Itsmee said:
Not a big deal.....
When I landed at Etobicoke, the officer corrected the date on her own by asking me the correct date. I did not have to even tell her to that it's incorrect. She mentioned, CIC didn't have that data in the system therefore, they ask the candidates and correct it and initial it.
Thanks Itsmee. Is that at the border or a CIC office?

What docs did you go along with you for landing? I plan to go with my COPR, Passport, Work Permit, ID showing my address and maybe 2 pay stubs

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
BA2LAMAZ said:
Thanks Itsmee. Is that at the border or a CIC office?

What docs did you go along with you for landing? I plan to go with my COPR, Passport, Work Permit, ID showing my address and maybe 2 pay stubs
I went to Etobicoke office in Toronto....I took passport, COPR, appointment letter and two photos (photo wasn't used as the officer was satisfied with the COPR photo). Please take the passport which has the stamp of your last entry)....I had my last entry stamp on my expired and I didn't take that with me and officer was expecting it.....but she was friendly and believed the date I told her.

Good luck!!

nikki89

Jul 17, 2014
Not a big deal.....
Yes, it’s not a big deal. I also have wrong last entry date. When I did flagpole they didn’t even ask about it. This info won’t be printed on the PR card. However, I later called a lawyer and he said I should correct it cause if might affect my application if I later apply for citizenship. Now I have to mail the amendment to CIC which coste money. I guess if I told the officer I wouldn’t have to spent anymore money for my application, do you think so?