+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! How to go to Montreal from Toronto after first landing?

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
My husband is the primary applicant and we got our ppr few days ago, we want to settle in Montreal since we have few networks there. But as the EE process we will hve to land in Toronto first , do our pr card process .
So my question is how do we go to Montreal once we land in toronto?
How long do we have to wait in toronto?
Would our baggage be an issue?
New immigrant can move provinces on the same day of arrival at Toronto?
Please help! Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
My husband is the primary applicant and we got our ppr few days ago, we want to settle in Montreal since we have few networks there. But as the EE process we will hve to land in Toronto first , do our pr card process .
Please help! Thank you!
Since you didn't get a CSQ, you will not be able to provide a Quebec address at landing for IRCC to send your PR card to. So you will need to give an outside-Quebec address that you can have the PR card received at several months later.
Or you can tell the CBSA officer upon landing that you don't have a permanent address yet, and apply for your PR card later.

You can move to Quebec the same day you land if you want. Although keep in mind without the CSQ, you will not have access to some new immigrant services (although I think everything else like healthcare, SIN, etc you can still get without CSQ). Not sure what else in specific the CSQ is used for.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It's possible that if the CBSA officer believes that you are intending to land and immediately move to Quebec without going through the Quebec immigration process, you may be denied landing and referred to IRCC instead. This has happened when provincial nominees indicate that they intend to not settle in the nominating province.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
It's possible that if the CBSA officer believes that you are intending to land and immediately move to Quebec without going through the Quebec immigration process, you may be denied landing and referred to IRCC instead. This has happened when provincial nominees indicate that they intend to not settle in the nominating province.
As long as the OP doesn't mention anything about Quebec during the landing, there would be no reason for the CBSA officer to believe they intend to move to Quebec.

PNP program is much more stringent when it comes to intention to settle in the province that nominated you. So even if they did happen to mention they were considering a move to Quebec, the officer probably wouldn't care (though I still wouldn't volunteer the info). Once landed, a PR has full freedom of movement to live anywhere in Canada.

R

rish888

Basically keep the intention to move to Quebec to yourself. This is not something you need to express to immigration.

You can move to Quebec whenever you want. The Charter guarantees you freedom of movement, including Quebec.

As far as main documents go to live in Canada, this is what you need:

SIN

Healthcare card

Driver's License

I landed many years ago, but if I remember correctly there is a place at the airport where you can get your SIN. So that should be ok.

As far as a license goes you can get that with your passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence paper.

I'm not sure as to the healthcare card process, but I would guess you could get that without a CSQ. I'm not sure though.

Lastly, assuming you have children almost in university, Quebec universities will give them Quebec fees (even cheaper than Canadian fees) If they establish first residence in Quebec. Not really related to your question but some added info.

seradad

Sep 26, 2013
Process is simple. Land in Toronto all applications done there. Then provide Montreal address and all will be mailed to Montreal in a few weeks. Landing in Toronto takes 30 mins in immigration maximum

It’s very simple

Please help! Thank you!
Pprocess

seradad

Sep 26, 2013
Basically keep the intention to move to Quebec to yourself. This is not something you need to express to immigration.

You can move to Quebec whenever you want. The Charter guarantees you freedom of movement, including Quebec.

As far as main documents go to live in Canada, this is what you need:

SIN

Healthcare card

Driver's License

I landed many years ago, but if I remember correctly there is a place at the airport where you can get your SIN. So that should be ok.

As far as a license goes you can get that with your passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence paper.

I'm not sure as to the healthcare card process, but I would guess you could get that without a CSQ. I'm not sure though.

Lastly, assuming you have children almost in university, Quebec universities will give them Quebec fees (even cheaper than Canadian fees) If they establish first residence in Quebec. Not really related to your question but some added info.
That info is correct