+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! how to get a 3 year post graduate work permit?

mzlolo

Feb 25, 2017
I am an international student already in Canada. I would like to stay and work in Canada for 3 years. I will finish my 1 year postgraduate certificate in April. any suggestions on what to do next to get a 3 year post graduate work permit?

thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Answer is simple enroll in a another course following on directly from current one and get a new study permit given currently you could only get a one year PGWP

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Ye is a good idea to get enrrolled into another program (1 year) and at the end you have to submit two transcripts (1 year each one) I have a friend from India did it in this way and he got it. One important point your passport needs to have sufficient amount of time in order to receive the 3 years visa if not the gonna give you the time your passport says it does not matter if you studied for 2 or 3 years.

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
mzlolo said:
I am an international student already in Canada. I would like to stay and work in Canada for 3 years. I will finish my 1 year postgraduate certificate in April. any suggestions on what to do next to get a 3 year post graduate work permit?

thank you
May I know which postgraduate certificate you have done ? I am also thinking of studying 1 yr course in canada in computers

mzlolo

Feb 25, 2017
carlosmfr said:
Ye is a good idea to get enrrolled into another program (1 year) and at the end you have to submit two transcripts (1 year each one) I have a friend from India did it in this way and he got it. One important point your passport needs to have sufficient amount of time in order to receive the 3 years visa if not the gonna give you the time your passport says it does not matter if you studied for 2 or 3 years.
THANK YOU