+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
HI friends
Yesterday my application was received at CHC-Mississauga

I just find out that i forgot to include USA specific Checklist and forgot to write Applicant name on back side of photos.

Any guidance what to do now?

thanks

happydayagain

Apr 11, 2016
Possible Solutions

1) Contact the Helpline and ask them what to do
2) Wait until u are assigned a UCI Unique Client Identification Number and follow up
3) Wait until they ask you for the additional information

I dont think there is much you can do at this point to solve the problem once an immigration officer takes a look at the package they will advise you of items you may have to resend.

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
happydayagain said:
Possible Solutions

1) Contact the Helpline and ask them what to do
2) Wait until u are assigned a UCI Unique Client Identification Number and follow up
3) Wait until they ask you for the additional information

I dont think there is much you can do at this point to solve the problem once an immigration officer takes a look at the package they will advise you of items you may have to resend.
Thanks for quick reply, are there any chances they will return my application? My husband is getting mad at me for this mistake :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chi2Can said:
Thanks for quick reply, are there any chances they will return my application? My husband is getting mad at me for this mistake :(
Yes, there is the possibility of the app being returned because it is incomplete. No one can say for sure what will happen; you just need to wait and see.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Chi2Can said:
I had mine returned but for different reasons. It is not the end of the world!! They are much more understanding with American applicants so that is good. Wait for your uci number. I think you will be fine.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I forgot to include country specific checklist and 6 passport sized photos with my application.

Nothing was said and they forwarded my application to Singapore.

Maybe I just got lucky or Singapore VO will request it later on.

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
I think the checklist is just a...checklist. It is for you to keep track of the document you sent. It is totally optional to send with your package.

The passport photos are required but not utmost mandatory. The CIC can request you to resend anytime if they find the current ones are not adequate. My wife's photos did not meet their requirement at the time they received the application. They took a note of this (in GCMS notes) and requested a new set of photos when sending out the PPR to my wife.

So I think you should be ok in this situation.

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
phamhainguyen68 said:
I think the checklist is just a...checklist. It is for you to keep track of the document you sent. It is totally optional to send with your package.

The passport photos are required but not utmost mandatory. The CIC can request you to resend anytime if they find the current ones are not adequate. My wife's photos did not meet their requirement at the time they received the application. They took a note of this (in GCMS notes) and requested a new set of photos when sending out the PPR to my wife.

So I think you should be ok in this situation.
thanks for ur help
Actually with checklist there is also a page on which Interview Visa office is asked if needed, So i missed that too

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Chi2Can said:
thanks for ur help
Actually with checklist there is also a page on which Interview Visa office is asked if needed, So i missed that too
that form isn't valid anymore and it's rather annoying they haven't removed it from the package. There is no choice in interview location anymore. NYC does not do any interviews or process any applications for spousal sponsorship. if an interview is required for a us applicant, it will be in LA. your application isn't going to be sent back becuase that form wasn't submitted. it's not a required form.

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
that form isn't valid anymore and it's rather annoying they haven't removed it from the package. There is no choice in interview location anymore. NYC does not do any interviews or process any applications for spousal sponsorship. if an interview is required for a us applicant, it will be in LA. your application isn't going to be sent back becuase that form wasn't submitted. it's not a required form.
Oh thanks
God bless you

thanks for this, much releived :)

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Chi2Can said:
HI friends
Yesterday my application was received at CHC-Mississauga

I just find out that i forgot to include USA specific Checklist and forgot to write Applicant name on back side of photos.

Any guidance what to do now?

thanks
My guess is that it won't matter. I asked my wife to get those six photos, and I sent the specifications to her in Brazil before our wedding. When I arrived in Brazil for the wedding, she showed me the photos and they obviously did not meet the specifications. Her head was way too small and her eyes were in the middle of the photo. And I think the photo size was wrong, too. I sighed and told her, well, they're probably going to ask for them to be re-sent. She said, "Oh no they won't." So we had a little bet.

Well, she won the bet. Last week we got DM without ever hearing any whining about the photos. They asked for 2 additional photos with new specifications, but that's for the visa and the PR card, I guess. I don't even really know what the original six photos are for.

I have another theory. I think they are asking for two new photos from everyone, because they changed the photo specifications but haven't updated all the country-specific instructions. (It's just a theory.)

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
Thanks all of you for your help

any idea when will i get 1st AOR? (is this means Documents are complete and accepted?..right?)

i applied from US

my hubby is Canadian PR