+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP REQUIRED : Spelling mistake in Fathers name in Passport

PRholder1988

Dec 1, 2020
Hi All,

This is urgent. My Father has a spelling mistake in his name in the passport. All other documents including National ID Card, Marriage certificate etc has "ee" in the middle of the name and in his passport, it is replaced by "i".

I have read the forums, some have advised to get a new passport altogether and some have advised to get an affidavit stating that this person is the same.

I am applying for a visitor visa for both my parents.

Has anyone else gone through similar situation?

Please help

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Is this his first name or surname that has the issue?

My wife has a spelling mistake in her surname on her passport. On the passport, her surname ends in O. All her other national identity documents have the surname ending in V.

We have submitted an affidavit explaining the discrepancy. I have heard that it's a bit more problematic if it's the first name that has mistakes.

PRholder1988

Dec 1, 2020
Is this his first name or surname that has the issue?

My wife has a spelling mistake in her surname on her passport. On the passport, her surname ends in O. All her other national identity documents have the surname ending in V.

We have submitted an affidavit explaining the discrepancy. I have heard that it's a bit more problematic if it's the first name that has mistakes.
Its the first name :(

I might just end up getting a new passport then

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hi All,

This is urgent. My Father has a spelling mistake in his name in the passport. All other documents including National ID Card, Marriage certificate etc has "ee" in the middle of the name and in his passport, it is replaced by "i".

I have read the forums, some have advised to get a new passport altogether and some have advised to get an affidavit stating that this person is the same.

I am applying for a visitor visa for both my parents.

Has anyone else gone through similar situation?

Please help
Hi Dear,

I am in similar situation and have to submit my application post ITA. Did eveything worked for you? Please respond.