+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help required from senior

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Dear All

i need urgent advise from the seniors i am stuck in a situation i applied for a pr card while my old pr card was valid till april 2021 the reason I applied earlier due to timing delay and nature of my job is rotational 35 days work and 35days off inmiddle east today when i was boarding from dubai they didn’t allow me to board the emirates contact immigration and checked they informed my new pr card has issues on the 19th and this old carc whichis valid till april 2021 is no more valid I must obtain the travel document or some sort of sticker from embassy can you please advise what should I do ?in this case parallel iam planning to travel to home country in pakistan and planning to courrier my new delivered pr card here in Pakistan.

please kindly advise

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Dear All

i need urgent advise from the seniors i am stuck in a situation i applied for a pr card while my old pr card was valid till april 2021 the reason I applied earlier due to timing delay and nature of my job is rotational 35 days work and 35days off inmiddle east today when i was boarding from dubai they didn’t allow me to board the emirates contact immigration and checked they informed my new pr card has issues on the 19th and this old carc whichis valid till april 2021 is no more valid I must obtain the travel document or some sort of sticker from embassy can you please advise what should I do ?in this case parallel iam planning to travel to home country in pakistan and planning to courrier my new delivered pr card here in Pakistan.

please kindly advise
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years.
Since you applied earlier the old one is of no use. You need this new one to travel. Where is the new PR card? If in canada make arrangements for getting the same at your end.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All

please kindly advise
Have you been asked to pick up your new PR card in person? That is a common request. You'll need a PRTD to fly to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or you can try your luck through the US (if you have a visa) and a land border (showing your expired PR card and COPR)?

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years.
Since you applied earlier the old one is of no use. You need this new one to travel. Where is the new PR card? If in canada make arrangements for getting the same at your end.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Hi KRP the new PR card arrived at home address just a day ago trying to this through by courrier

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Have you been asked to pick up your new PR card in person? That is a common request. You'll need a PRTD to fly to Canada.
No I haven’t been asked i received by post I don’t think so at this current covid situation they will ask someone to come and collect

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Or you can try your luck through the US (if you have a visa) and a land border (showing your expired PR card and COPR)?
Hi Steaky
The issue is with this new pandemic because of covid i would rather wait here in Pakistan to get the new Pr card to receive and then travel I do have US visa and in past I was using the same trip to enter because of the PR card took too long due to residency obligation this was the reason I applied this time quite earlier and luckily I had enough days and they issued the new pr card with in two months time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Steaky
The issue is with this new pandemic because of covid i would rather wait here in Pakistan to get the new Pr card to receive and then travel I do have US visa and in past I was using the same trip to enter because of the PR card took too long due to residency obligation this was the reason I applied this time quite earlier and luckily I had enough days and they issued the new pr card with in two months time
you can do whatever you want as long as you keep meeting your RO which is now a rolling total. You must have been in Canada for 2 out of 5 years anytime you enter Canada.