Urgent help required for Software Automation Tester NOC codede

Payel 09

Jul 5, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I need urgent help on choosing the NOC code for Software Automation Tester.
I have experience different automation testing tools like Selenium , UFT.
Which are matching with job responsibilities of NOC 2283 and 2173.
Which NOC code should I use.
Please help me
With regards,
Payel

Payel 09

Jul 5, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thanks for your quick response.
As per the NoC code 2173, the Employment requirements are -
'A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.'

However, I have completed my bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering.
Will it create any problems in future?

Thank you in advance

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Thanks for your quick response.
As per the NoC code 2173, the Employment requirements are -
'A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.'

However, I have completed my bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering.
Will it create any problems in future?

Thank you in advance
Where did you get this requirements part? You got this from offer letter ?

Payel 09

Jul 5, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
The mentioned url -https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/d9389ef5e5d54390ad0b434b943268ae?objectid=FjDrOrRSvpsVio22ZFu7ip%2BnbX0cHmvKHHIP9hZNdblFoGLlfJnLdYxpdoDQTsBj,

There is a section called 'Employment requirements'.Are they strictly adhere this rule or only consider the Job roles and responsibilities
Please suggest.

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
The mentioned url -https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/d9389ef5e5d54390ad0b434b943268ae?objectid=FjDrOrRSvpsVio22ZFu7ip%2BnbX0cHmvKHHIP9hZNdblFoGLlfJnLdYxpdoDQTsBj,

There is a section called 'Employment requirements'.Are they strictly adhere this rule or only consider the Job roles and responsibilities
Please suggest.
I do not think so that they look at those because I think they are just mentioning that if you want to take a job in this NOC then you might need this qualifications. I didn't pay any attention to that. I have work experience under a specified NOC and an employer hired me so I do not see a reason that it should impact at all.
Lets see if anyone else can weigh on this one.

Jan 27, 2021
Hi All,
Need your urgent help. I have acquired Bachelor of Technology degree in Information and Communication Technology.
My designation in my company is IT Analyst.
I am an automation tester and I have 6 years of experience in automation testing
What should be my NOC code? 2173 or 2283.

2283 looks more like manual testing rather than automation skills. Can anyone please help.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi All,
Need your urgent help. I have acquired Bachelor of Technology degree in Information and Communication Technology.
I am an automation tester and I have 6 years of experience in automation testing

2283 looks more like manual testing rather than automation skills. Can anyone please help.
It all depends on your role and responsibilities. You can also look at 2171, it also has information systems quality assurance analysts.

Jan 27, 2021
It all depends on your role and responsibilities. You can also look at 2171, it also has information systems quality assurance analysts.
Sure, Thank you!

Do you also have automation testing experience.. If so what NOC did you choose.. Asking it just to get an idea..

Santy18

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi All,

If you are on a ICT, you should use the same NOC code as that was used for your ICT application unless your job and duties have changed.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Currently, I am only filling my Express Entry application. I haven't gone that far
I think what @Santy18 was saying, if you’re an intracompany transferee, working in Canada, your work permit application will have a NOC mentioned there for your role and you should use that. Make sure that the reference letter in your work permit application matches with your EE reference letter as well.

Reactions: Santy18