+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED: WHAT SHOULD I APPLY TO RE-ENTER CANADA

shruthik

Mar 10, 2017
Hi i am shruthi , i am from India and reached Canada on august 2016 as visitor.My husband is a PR and i my PR is on processing.Meanwhile my visitor visa got expired and i renew visitor so that i can stay till June. But now problem is that i want to go india in an emergency with my husband. we took both way ticket thinking that my PR will be ready soon.But it not yet . so what should i do now ?
1) Can i able to apply new visiting visa within canada to enter canada once again? or
2) should i apply new visiting visa from india now?
3) if i apply visiting from india conflict that am still canada or is it consider as fraud?
please help me through this .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once you leave Canada, unless you have a multiple entry visa, you will need to apply for a new one. A bigger issue is that if your husband leaves Canada during your sponsorship, there is a significant risk your application is likely to be cancelled or rejected. The sponsor, if they are a PR, must remain in Canada during the processing of the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shruthik said:
Hi i am shruthi , i am from India and reached Canada on august 2016 as visitor.My husband is a PR and i my PR is on processing.Meanwhile my visitor visa got expired and i renew visitor so that i can stay till June. But now problem is that i want to go india in an emergency with my husband. we took both way ticket thinking that my PR will be ready soon.But it not yet . so what should i do now ?
1) Can i able to apply new visiting visa within canada to enter canada once again? or
2) should i apply new visiting visa from india now?
3) if i apply visiting from india conflict that am still canada or is it consider as fraud?
please help me through this .
Your husband leaving Canada for more than a few weeks risks the PR application.

Also, there is a good chance that a new TRV will be refused, as you are essentially already living in Canada and have a PR app in process and therefore will not be able to show strong ties to India. If you applied inland and cannot obtain a new TRV to return to Canada, your PR app will be considered abandoned and you will need to start all over again as outland, being separated from your spouse during the process.

shruthik

Mar 10, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Your husband leaving Canada for more than a few weeks risks the PR application.

Also, there is a good chance that a new TRV will be refused, as you are essentially already living in Canada and have a PR app in process and therefore will not be able to show strong ties to India. If you applied inland and cannot obtain a new TRV to return to Canada, your PR app will be considered abandoned and you will need to start all over again as outland, being separated from your spouse during the process.
I applied as an outland PR and sponsorship got approved.I have a visiting still june but for an emergency i have to go india in april.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shruthik said:
I applied as an outland PR and sponsorship got approved.I have a visiting still june but for an emergency i have to go india in april.
As you applied outland, there is no risk to the PR application being abandoned if you are unable to return to Canada. However, the advice about your husband still stands; as a PR, he must reside in Canada throughout the process. Leaving for more than a few weeks places the app at risk.

Your visitor status ends when you leave Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shruthik said:
So should i apply for new Visiting visa from canada or Visiting visa outside canada for re-enter canada?
As you are only here as a visitor, you don't qualify to apply for a TRV from within Canada. You will need to apply from your home country.

While approval is always possible, I suggest you be prepared for a refusal and having to remain in your country until your PR app is approved. You are essentially living in Canada already and have a PR app in process, so it is doubtful you will be able to show stronger ties to your home country.