+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed - someone close detected with cancer

rak_1985

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,

I need to travel to India next month as someone close has been detected with Cancer .

I received the Canadian Passport today but do not hold a Indian visa.
To apply for Indian Visa , i need to provide with a surrender certificate of Indian passport which is taking almost 8 weeks . After I receive the surrender certificate, there is again extra time for applying for Visa.
Is there a way I can expedite the process. ?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
To apply for Indian Visa , i need to provide with a surrender certificate of Indian passport which is taking almost 8 weeks . After I receive the surrender certificate, there is again extra time for applying for Visa.
Is there a way I can expedite the process. ?
You can apply for visa and surrender certificate at same time. Visa is granted quickly (I think about 7 business days). You can visit India with your valid Canadian Passport and Indian Visa. You don't need to wait for the surrender certificate to be issued.

Reactions: rak_1985

rak_1985

Nov 12, 2013
You can apply for visa and surrender certificate at same time. Visa is granted quickly (I think about 7 business days). You can visit India with your valid Canadian Passport and Indian Visa. You don't need to wait for the surrender certificate to be issued.
Thank you