+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed regarding Canada TRV!!

Janhvi9191

Jan 28, 2019
I am a 26 year old woman from India and wish to travel to Canada for a 10-12 days trip, that will be funded by my father. I have friends there who'll happily accommodate me there, however, I'll still book hotels/hostels for the stay as we will be travelling alot.

Now, my main concern is that this is my first foreign trip and hence I will not be able to show any travel history.
Also, I'm dependant on my parents for financial support and have no steady source of income.
I have enough funding for the entire stay and my parent's bank statements are pretty strong but will my unemployed status pose a hindrance in getting a visa?

So, please guide me on how should I proceed with my Visa application and considering the above facts, how difficult are my chances to get a TRV.

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Trust me, Young people are exploiting TRV's. They are going there (canada) with Visitor visa to find the work permit there. I know 100s of them. THis is the reason Canada Immigration dept. is suspecting everyone. Not your fault at all.

You need to show strong ties to your country (India)

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I am a 26 year old woman from India and wish to travel to Canada for a 10-12 days trip, that will be funded by my father. I have friends there who'll happily accommodate me there, however, I'll still book hotels/hostels for the stay as we will be travelling alot.

Now, my main concern is that this is my first foreign trip and hence I will not be able to show any travel history.
Also, I'm dependant on my parents for financial support and have no steady source of income.
I have enough funding for the entire stay and my parent's bank statements are pretty strong but will my unemployed status pose a hindrance in getting a visa?

So, please guide me on how should I proceed with my Visa application and considering the above facts, how difficult are my chances to get a TRV.
Unemployment is indeed a red flag- I'd suggest to showcase something that ties you back to India strongly (other than the fact that your father is in India).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Being unemployed really is a big hindrance. I’ve heard of someone with a similar profile get approved (young single female, no job, no travel history), but the degree of difficulty is high.

You say you don’t have a steady source of income—perhaps you can explain how you do get your income and your prospects in your home country.

Also try framing it as if you have really researched the trip: detailed daily itinerary and expenses...this might help in the absence of a travel history.

Janhvi9191

Jan 28, 2019
Unemployment is indeed a red flag- I'd suggest to showcase something that ties you back to India strongly (other than the fact that your father is in India).
I have a property in my name. Will that give me at least some credibility?
Also, I'm not a fresh graduate, I did my post grad n 2015 and since then I've been living with my parents, who are well off and have supported me financially till now. I'm involved in my mother's clothing business but that's in her name, so won't help my case. So, the point is, if I haven't even tried working in my own country, why would I suddenly want to go to another to find work.

Is a stable job the only way to showcase my ties to India? What else can I show?

Janhvi9191

Jan 28, 2019
Being unemployed really is a big hindrance. I’ve heard of someone with a similar profile get approved (young single female, no job, no travel history), but the degree of difficulty is high.

You say you don’t have a steady source of income—perhaps you can explain how you do get your income and your prospects in your home country.

Also try framing it as if you have really researched the trip: detailed daily itinerary and expenses...this might help in the absence of a travel history.
Thanks a lot for the travel history suggestion.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I have a property in my name. Will that give me at least some credibility?
Also, I'm not a fresh graduate, I did my post grad n 2015 and since then I've been living with my parents, who are well off and have supported me financially till now. I'm involved in my mother's clothing business but that's in her name, so won't help my case. So, the point is, if I haven't even tried working in my own country, why would I suddenly want to go to another to find work.

Is a stable job the only way to showcase my ties to India? What else can I show?
Well, one can sell property and use those assets in Canada too, if possible. For young people like you, it’s a stable job or family that proves your ties back to your home country.

Why don’t you try booking a travel package through a travel consultant? Like Cox Travel or Thomson, this may also strengthen your application lending credence to the fact that it’s a tourist application after all. Thanks.

Janhvi9191

Jan 28, 2019
Well, one can sell property and use those assets in Canada too, if possible. For young people like you, it’s a stable job or family that proves your ties back to your home country.

Why don’t you try booking a travel package through a travel consultant? Like Cox Travel or Thomson, this may also strengthen your application lending credence to the fact that it’s a tourist application after all. Thanks.
Thanks alot for the suggestion. Someone in some other forum also suggested me the same thing. Will try that and see what happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks alot for the suggestion. Someone in some other forum also suggested me the same thing. Will try that and see what happens.
Don't book anything before you actually have the visa or unless it is 100% refundable. Given that it is your first trip abroad and you have minimal ties to prove you need to return home your TRV will be a challenge.

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Let's consider how your application might come across to the visa officer:
1. Done with your education, but you've never been employed = No employment ties to return to

2. Financially dependent on your dad/parents = You don't have any financial obligations that would make you return home (Read: loans, mortgage, dependent family members, etc)

3. Property ownership acquired through a gift deed = Not paid for with your income = Not an active tie to return to India

4. First-time traveler = Why Canada?

5. You have friends who can invite you but you will be staying in hotels/hostels = Your friends aren't really supporting your visit nor are they offsetting any expenses/providing accommodation for your visit

6. Visit of 10-12 days = Again, why would you spend the money for a short visit.... especially when you don't have any dependents or any ties back in India

7. Visiting friends, in general, is not seen as a compelling reason to visit.

So, the point is, if I haven't even tried working in my own country, why would I suddenly want to go to another to find work.
Agreed. If you haven't worked in India, chances are you won't look for a job in Canada too.

The flip side is as your parents are funding your holiday, you might decide to extend your holiday well beyond the 10-12 days you have stated.

Have you put together a realistic plan for your visit yet? And, factored in every cent of expense? It might help to prove you have well-thought plans.

You mentioned you intend to travel a lot. Have you researched the expenses and also where do you intend to travel (within the same city/different cities/mode of travel)? Will 10-12 days be adequate for this traveling?

Purpose of visit:
Leave aside the might-look-for-a-job-in-Canada purpose of visit..... many young people come to meet their boyfriends/girlfriends. Some decide to stay back until they are able to apply for Family Class PR via the inland route without leaving Canada. Some don't declare their relationship when they apply for visas, and choose to have other friends/relatives invite them.

To a visa officer, it might seem like you are visiting for this purpose. Or maybe s/he might have other ideas why you want to visit.

Now, if you put yourself in the shoes of the visa officer who will assess your application:
Do you seem like a genuine visitor that has strong reasons to leave Canada at the end of 10-12 days' visit?

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
LOL
There is no such prohibition on searching jobs while you are visiting Canada as a tourist, at least there is no such law which states that. Changing tourist visa to work permit is not allowed so if a person finds a job and gets an LMIA, they will have to return and apply from their home country.
There are 100s of immigration consultants who are doing it there by giving money to them....

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Let's consider how your application might come across to the visa officer:
1. Done with your education, but you've never been employed = No employment ties to return to

2. Financially dependent on your dad/parents = You don't have any financial obligations that would make you return home (Read: loans, mortgage, dependent family members, etc)

3. Property ownership acquired through a gift deed = Not paid for with your income = Not an active tie to return to India

4. First-time traveler = Why Canada?

5. You have friends who can invite you but you will be staying in hotels/hostels = Your friends aren't really supporting your visit nor are they offsetting any expenses/providing accommodation for your visit

6. Visit of 10-12 days = Again, why would you spend the money for a short visit.... especially when you don't have any dependents or any ties back in India

7. Visiting friends, in general, is not seen as a compelling reason to visit.

Agreed. If you haven't worked in India, chances are you won't look for a job in Canada too.

The flip side is as your parents are funding your holiday, you might decide to extend your holiday well beyond the 10-12 days you have stated.

Have you put together a realistic plan for your visit yet? And, factored in every cent of expense? It might help to prove you have well-thought plans.

You mentioned you intend to travel a lot. Have you researched the expenses and also where do you intend to travel (within the same city/different cities/mode of travel)? Will 10-12 days be adequate for this traveling?

Purpose of visit:
Leave aside the might-look-for-a-job-in-Canada purpose of visit..... many young people come to meet their boyfriends/girlfriends. Some decide to stay back until they are able to apply for Family Class PR via the inland route without leaving Canada. Some don't declare their relationship when they apply for visas, and choose to have other friends/relatives invite them.

To a visa officer, it might seem like you are visiting for this purpose. Or maybe s/he might have other ideas why you want to visit.

Now, if you put yourself in the shoes of the visa officer who will assess your application:
Do you seem like a genuine visitor that has strong reasons to leave Canada at the end of 10-12 days' visit?
Hi,

I understand your points and reasoning for the advice rendered.

I have a question about the duration.

To anyone visiting Canada for the first time, the trip duration advised is about 15 days, because more than that duration is too much for a first time visit. Here, the visit is 10-12 days but not long enough and the expenses are also cited as being too much for such a short trip.

Is there a specific number of days that's important, barring the actual factors of an application? What if someone wants to visit only the Eastern or western side of the country in the first time?

I get that all facets of an application are considered before a visa is granted and it would be nice to know what's the acceptable and reasonable duration for a first time visitor to Canada which is long enough to see the country without it seeming like an over the top, expense with little time or too much time spent touring a new place?

Thanks.