+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED: PGWP Refusal due to not providing Biometrics Payment Receipt

ab1514

Nov 29, 2023
Hello Friends,
I urgently need help regarding my PGWP refusal. Please read through the entire post.

I applied for PGWP on 12th JULY 2023. During my application, I made a minor mistake in the IMM 5710E form, and because of that, I got a new UCI number for my PGWP application. On 7th SEPTEMBER 2023, I received a request letter in my GC key portal saying:

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application: You are required to provide Biometrics Fee Payment of $85. After making the payment, please provide the payment receipt. This must be received by September 14, 2023."

As I already gave my Biometrics and it is valid till 2031, I called IRCC. Now at this time, I got to know about 2 different UCI numbers (Study permit and Work permit) and the mistake I made in IMM 5710E form. I immediately notified to IRCC agent he told me that he will merge both my UCI numbers and Biometrics would be updated on my file and I do not have to pay that $85 CAD fee as I already had valid Biometrics on my previous file. In mean time, I raised a webform explaining every situation and also with updated IMM 5710E form.

After the call with the IRCC agent, I could see Biometrics information on my work permit application and in the Biometrics status validation tool. Since then, I have waited and called IRCC numerous times, and each time, they assured me that I have valid Biometrics on my file and don't need to take any further". On 30th NOV 2023, I raised another webform and provided proof supporting my valid Biometrics to the visa officer, as per the instruction of the IRCC agent.

On 19th DECEMBER 2023, I received a correspondence Letter (Regarding the validity of your biometric information) confirming that I have valid Biometrics until 2031. However, 10 minutes after receiving this letter, I received a refusal stating:

"Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. A letter was sent to you on December 7, 2023 requesting payment receipt. These documents were required to be submitted by December 14,2023. As we have not received any documentation, your application is refused.

You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."

Even in the rejection, IRCC made a mistake; I did not receive anything on DECEMBER 7th (It was actually SEPTEMBER 7th). The IRCC agent clearly told me that I do not have to pay the biometrics fee, and that's the only reason I did not pay the fee. Now, based on that, they gave me a refusal, and I don't know what to do TBH.

I called the IRCC agent right after the refusal, and he told me that it was an oversight from the Visa office, and he put my PGWP application on reconsideration. But now I cannot rely on that only, and I am so confused about what to do.

oshanp

Jan 19, 2024
Hello Friends,
I urgently need help regarding my PGWP refusal. Please read through the entire post.

I applied for PGWP on 12th JULY 2023. During my application, I made a minor mistake in the IMM 5710E form, and because of that, I got a new UCI number for my PGWP application. On 7th SEPTEMBER 2023, I received a request letter in my GC key portal saying:

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application: You are required to provide Biometrics Fee Payment of $85. After making the payment, please provide the payment receipt. This must be received by September 14, 2023."

As I already gave my Biometrics and it is valid till 2031, I called IRCC. Now at this time, I got to know about 2 different UCI numbers (Study permit and Work permit) and the mistake I made in IMM 5710E form. I immediately notified to IRCC agent he told me that he will merge both my UCI numbers and Biometrics would be updated on my file and I do not have to pay that $85 CAD fee as I already had valid Biometrics on my previous file. In mean time, I raised a webform explaining every situation and also with updated IMM 5710E form.

After the call with the IRCC agent, I could see Biometrics information on my work permit application and in the Biometrics status validation tool. Since then, I have waited and called IRCC numerous times, and each time, they assured me that I have valid Biometrics on my file and don't need to take any further". On 30th NOV 2023, I raised another webform and provided proof supporting my valid Biometrics to the visa officer, as per the instruction of the IRCC agent.

On 19th DECEMBER 2023, I received a correspondence Letter (Regarding the validity of your biometric information) confirming that I have valid Biometrics until 2031. However, 10 minutes after receiving this letter, I received a refusal stating:

"Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. A letter was sent to you on December 7, 2023 requesting payment receipt. These documents were required to be submitted by December 14,2023. As we have not received any documentation, your application is refused.

You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."

Even in the rejection, IRCC made a mistake; I did not receive anything on DECEMBER 7th (It was actually SEPTEMBER 7th). The IRCC agent clearly told me that I do not have to pay the biometrics fee, and that's the only reason I did not pay the fee. Now, based on that, they gave me a refusal, and I don't know what to do TBH.

I called the IRCC agent right after the refusal, and he told me that it was an oversight from the Visa office, and he put my PGWP application on reconsideration. But now I cannot rely on that only, and I am so confused about what to do.
hi may I know what happened? Did you get a response