+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help needed from Seniors

hiddenhero

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Hi,

I applied for PR under CEC in August last year from within Canada. My wife travelled back to India last November to give birth to
our son who was born on Feb 26, 2014.

Last week, we both received our medical request and early this week, received RPRF request as well.

We want to delay the Medicals until I have added our new born son to the application which I am planning to complete
after I receive my son's passport most likely by next week. We need to complete our medicals by May 19 as per the email.

Now, the situation is I am in Toronto and my Family is India and they do not have temporary Visa's to travel to Canada.

If I apply for TRV for my family from India, it will take around 6-8 weeks to get that processed and which means there are
chances that we could miss the Medical request completion date i.e May 16 as both processing requies Original passport to
submitted.

One option is to add my son next week to PR application and receive his MR and then complete the Medicals for PR by April
2nd or 3rd week and then apply for temporary resident Visa for both of them so that by the time we get PPR for PR, my family
would receive their TRV stamped and they can travel to Canada and submit the passports for PR visa stamping.

Is this option correct and will not cause any issues? seniors pls help and let me know if there is any other better option?

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Inform CIC about the birth of your child as soon as possible. Send them all necessary documents, passport and birth certificate as
soon as you get them.
Your family can undergo medicals in India, you don't have to do that at the same clinic and/or at the same time.

hiddenhero

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Thanks iam_toby.

I have already informed CIC about the new born child and they have acknowledged me with the steps needed to add my son to the application. I am planning to add my son to the application next week and then when we receive the MR for him, my family will under go medicals in India while I will complete that in Toronto.

But my concern is after that when Passport is requested for PR Visa stamping. I am not sure how can I get my family to Canada so that we can submit the passports together from Canada?

Does my option above makes sense?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
hiddenhero said:
Thanks iam_toby.

I have already informed CIC about the new born child and they have acknowledged me with the steps needed to add my son to the application. I am planning to add my son to the application next week and then when we receive the MR for him, my family will under go medicals in India while I will complete that in Toronto.

But my concern is after that when Passport is requested for PR Visa stamping. I am not sure how can I get my family to Canada so that we can submit the passports together from Canada?

Does my option above makes sense?
You would have to look into having your family send the passports to you, and you submit them to CIC. When you get them back, you can send them back to your family.
I guess... Not sure if that works. Maybe someone else has been in that situation before...

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
What is the format you have used to update CIC about your new born..

We just have to send that there is a new born in our family on so and so date and will send you the birth certificate once we receive them.

Please let me know if you have any different format.

hiddenhero

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Thanks iam_toby.

But I think there are some issues sending passports across Indian airports. Not sure if someone has already done this before

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
hiddenhero said:
Thanks iam_toby.

But I think there are some issues sending passports across Indian airports. Not sure if someone has already done this before
That's something you would have to check with the indian post, or laws or whatnot :)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
hiddenhero said:
Thanks iam_toby.

Yes. I know individual shouldn't have someone else passport while traveling through aiport. Tell them to send it to you through courier.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiddenhero said:
But international couriers also go through the same check as in case if some person carries the passport.
Hi hiddenhero, there are 2 options from what I know.

1. Your wife can authorize someone to carry her & kids passports. The person carrying should have authorization letter & PPR letter. The downside is no one knows what the exact rules are for carrying some other individuals passports.

2. You can ask CIC to process your wife & kids PPR request in India once you get PPR. This way you can submit passport to Ottawa and they can do so in India. The downside to this is time and you cannot land until your wife & kid have received CoPR.

I would choose options 2 even though it takes time because its safe and it works. Lot of people have done this. This is just mu opinion.

Yogesh85

Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Request
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2014
LANDED..........
In CAnada
cecstatchk said:
Hi hiddenhero, there are 2 options from what I know.

1. Your wife can authorize someone to carry her & kids passports. The person carrying should have authorization letter & PPR letter. The downside is no one knows what the exact rules are for carrying some other individuals passports.

2. You can ask CIC to process your wife & kids PPR request in India once you get PPR. This way you can submit passport to Ottawa and they can do so in India. The downside to this is time and you cannot land until your wife & kid have received CoPR.

I would choose options 2 even though it takes time because its safe and it works. Lot of people have done this. This is just mu opinion.
I am agree on option 2, its illegal to carry some ones passport from India.. I am also waiting for PPR of my wife and will do her processor in INDIA..

hiddenhero

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Thanks folks. Much appreciated

out of curiosity , can someone confirm if I apply for temporary resident Visa's for my family in India now based on my work permit , will that be apporved?