+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed for Post Grad work Permit

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hii there if somebody can help me please,

My sister just completed her 2 years of study in july 2017 and her study permit and visa is valid until December 2017 and we have travel plans setup to go back home for a month and we are just confused what to do.
1. Should we travel on valid study permit and visa ?
2. Apply for work permit here and come back as worker status.(will not have work permit physicaly while returning)
3. Or go to border to obtain the work permit as we dont have that much time to wait for work permit.

Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hii there if somebody can help me please,

My sister just completed her 2 years of study in july 2017 and her study permit and visa is valid until December 2017 and we have travel plans setup to go back home for a month and we are just confused what to do.
1. Should we travel on valid study permit and visa ?
2. Apply for work permit here and come back as worker status.(will not have work permit physicaly while returning)
3. Or go to border to obtain the work permit as we dont have that much time to wait for work permit.

Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.
There is a certain time window you can apply for your work permit. Once that window is passed you no longer is eligible for PGWP. It think it is 90 days. Not sure.

Now as her TRV is valid until Dec she is good to travel on the same document. You don't need to cancel a valid TRV and then re-apply the same.
She can travel on the current TRV and should submit the WP application before the due date.

Once she gets a valid PGWP then in December she can apply for her TRV renewal in regards to the WP