+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed. Active TB for super visa applicant

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi fellow forum members. I've ran into an issue with my parent's super visa application.

My mom's medicals were passed, but my dad had to undergo tests for TB. His sputum and x-ray came out to be normal but the doctor also wanted the CT scan. The scan results have shown "Active TB" as per the radiologist. The pulmonologist is shocked how this could be but has to produce his report based on the CT scan and not the X-ray. This is strange because there 2 out of the 3 tests have suggested no TB. Can anyone please help me with what I should expect next? This is so frustrating, I almost don't trust these doctors anymore!

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Please help!

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
faiyaz.ally said:
Hi fellow forum members. I've ran into an issue with my parent's super visa application.

My mom's medicals were passed, but my dad had to undergo tests for TB. His sputum and x-ray came out to be normal but the doctor also wanted the CT scan. The scan results have shown "Active TB" as per the radiologist. The pulmonologist is shocked how this could be but has to produce his report based on the CT scan and not the X-ray. This is strange because there 2 out of the 3 tests have suggested no TB. Can anyone please help me with what I should expect next? This is so frustrating, I almost don't trust these doctors anymore!

Your father might have been diagnosed positive for Extra Pulmonary Tuberculosis. This is difficult to diagnosis compared to PTB because it wont exhibit any symptoms until it deteriorate major part of the affected organ. DO NOT LOOSE HOPE!! you should be thankful at least he got rescued from further devastating affects by dint of this immigration medical check.

I was PTB diagnosed in 2008, while i was under 6 medication in underwent CT Scan along with periodic x-rays to ensure my vital organs are safe from bacterial infection.

All the best!.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
IMGNSPNP said:
Your father might have been diagnosed positive for Extra Pulmonary Tuberculosis. This is difficult to diagnosis compared to PTB because it wont exhibit any symptoms until it deteriorate major part of the affected organ. DO NOT LOOSE HOPE!! you should be thankful at least he got rescued from further devastating affects by dint of this immigration medical check.

I was PTB diagnosed in 2008, while i was under 6 medication in underwent CT Scan along with periodic x-rays to ensure my vital organs are safe from bacterial infection.

All the best!.

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure this is the case as I don't know if they have classified as EPTB. I will confirm that with my parents. EPTB is considered non-contagious and considering all his other tests have been negative, does this mean the visa will be issued?

Ms Aitrop

Oct 26, 2016
faiyaz.ally said:

Hi did they issue visa to your father?