Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
Dear All,

I have received letter from New Delhi office to submit the medicals, RPRF and original passports together. The problem is, I am in UK for full time studies and my spouse is in India.

Now I am wondering how shall I send my original passport to New Delhi and live in UK without passport. From earlier thread, I understand that it may take upto 4/5 months for New Delhi to return the passport. I am not sure how it will be living in UK without original passport.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on this urgently.

Thanks
Abhay

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiabhay said:
Dear All,

I have received letter from New Delhi office to submit the medicals, RPRF and original passports together. The problem is, I am in UK for full time studies and my spouse is in India.

Now I am wondering how shall I send my original passport to New Delhi and live in UK without passport. From earlier thread, I understand that it may take upto 4/5 months for New Delhi to return the passport. I am not sure how it will be living in UK without original passport.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on this urgently.

Thanks
Abhay

What I know.... you can't even send your INDIAN passport using mail services... you need to either send by a person or of course traveling there. I have no idea in your situation really... take this response as BUMP and hopefully some one will reply you soon. Good luck.

hiabhay

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2009
Doc's Request.
10-06-2009
AOR Received.
10-06-2009
IELTS Request
10-06-2009
File Transfer...
17-06-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2009
Med's Done....
17-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
Thanks for replying the post. I intend to travel to India to do the medicals along with my family and return to UK immediately. And I found one friend who is willing to take my passport to India.

My only worry is how long CHC would take to return the passport back. Secondly can I attach a covering letter with my passport explaining my situation and requesting them to return the passport as soon as possible?

Can I anticipate that they would return the passport in 1/2 months max.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiabhay said:
Thanks for replying the post. I intend to travel to India to do the medicals along with my family and return to UK immediately. And I found one friend who is willing to take my passport to India.

My only worry is how long CHC would take to return the passport back. Secondly can I attach a covering letter with my passport explaining my situation and requesting them to return the passport as soon as possible?

Can I anticipate that they would return the passport in 1/2 months max.
I am wondering, u are risking... CIC Delhi will be aware that u are in the UK and u r passport is with them...
I dont know, I feel quite weird!!!.. may be u can transfer your case to UK Canadian Embassy???

hiabhay

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2009
Doc's Request.
10-06-2009
AOR Received.
10-06-2009
IELTS Request
10-06-2009
File Transfer...
17-06-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2009
Med's Done....
17-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
Thanks for the replyl. But I am living in UK and my family is in India. So I am not sure if transferring the case to UK would help?

I could not find any UK law specifically describing that person living in UK should hold orginial passport while living in UK. However, person should leave UK upon expiry of his UK visa.

Please comment.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiabhay, let me ask you this? Do you need the passport for travelling out of the UK (say for India)? As far as I know the answer should be Yes. If the answer is yes, then you are taking too much of a risk. If your visa expires and you are required to travel back, in case you do not have a passport, I do not know whether it will lead to deportation or not?

On the other hand, as far as I know, once the passport request comes, it is only a matter of around a month to get the PR. And it is quite normal, that in a span of 4-5 months, a person maybe required to travel any place (including internationally). I believe, you can call up CHC Delhi and ask what to do in your case. Then you can write a cover letter or explanation as instructed by them. Your country of residence doesn't change unless you are residing there for at least a year. So, it is perfectly normal to state that your visa office is India, while you are currently in UK.

vmpvmp

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiabhay, sweetberry must be joking (without any first hand information)!

You can definitely make a request to make it early. What is the risk in that? If one is afraid of even requesting, I think he doesn't have the right to have it.

You can write your date when your visa expires in UK.

Afterwards your wife can go personally to collect the visa stamped PPs, if your limit is going to be crossed. At that time you can even refer to your previous request.

I don't think, by requesting, you are irritating them and they would deliberately delay it to harass you!