+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: Form IMM 0008 or IMM8 & Updated family information

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
I wish someone on this forum can URGENTLY help me, please.

I started processing the sponsorship of my pregnant spouse in February 2012. About 3 months later, my wife gave birth to our child; I called and informed the CIC of this. I was advised to put in a supplementary, "ADD ON" application for the child, which I did and paid the relevant fees. A few months later the CIC informed me that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my spouse's Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. I called the CIC which confirmed to me that my child’s application has been merged with that of the mother (my spouse) and both were indeed forwarded to the visa office abroad. The visa office later sent us e-mails, requesting from me and my spouse further information and documents, which we obliged.

A few days ago, the visa office sent a new e-mail to my spouse (which they copied to me too) to inform her, in these words: “Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your family configuration. If there have been any changes, please contact our office before proceeding” In the same e-mail, she’s requested to submit, within 30 days from the date of the e-mail, her passport(s) and documentation, two (2) passport photos for each family member.

Where my spouse and I are confused in the same e-mail and where we URGENTLY need advice on this forum is this other request which states: “Updated family information: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form …” Now, here are my questions:
1) Updated family information: In the previous form IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada) that my spouse filled, she did not include any dependant because she was still pregnant then but after the birth of our child, we have updated our information with necessary documents including a separate Form IMM 0008DEP (Additional Dependants / Declaration Form) was completed and the CIC has confirmed that the child has been included in the overall application processing. My question now is, should my spouse complete a new form IMM 0008 (generic, I suppose) and complete too the “dependant(s)” section to include the details of our child?

2) Form IMM8: I’ve looked on the CIC website, I can only find forms IMM 0008, IMM 0008DEP and IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8 but not IMM8. Can someone please give me a link to the Form IMM8, for download?

I am sorry for my long story but I need to state the situation as precisely as possible, in view of the short time before us to respond to the visa office. This is a long weekend and CIC offices are closed (even when they are open, they’ve stated that they can not answer to questions or requirements emanating from visa offices abroad)

I thank everyone in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
IMM8 is IMM0008.

It is a bit hard to answer this without seeing the wording of the actual email. It would be more helpful if you could post it (with all personal info deleted).

Without seeing the email, I would guess: as CIC confirmed that your child is already included in the application, the other request "Updated family information: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition" is referring to any additional changes since then, for example ANOTHER CHILD or DIVORCE.

If you have no other changes, you should be fine to submit the passport, pics and stuff for the visas to be issued.

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
agree with canuck in uk. They're apparently giving you the opportunity to disclose further changes to your family, like another child, etc. So if no other changes besides the one indicated earlier, then you should be ok.

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
Canuck_in_Uk, I'm not sure which of the emails you are referring to. The mail from the CIC (OttPilot-Immigration) after I have paid the fees and sent in the "ADD ON" application for my child, states as follows:

"Dear XXX XXX (that is, me):

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of YYY YYY (that is, my spouse) and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Officer ZZZ-CPPO

Case Processing Centre Mississauga"

Because the name of my child was not specifically mentioned in the email, I called the CIC whose agent I spoke with categorically told me that my child has been merged and included in the mother's application. I was further told that only my spouse's name was mentioned in the email because she's the Principal applicant.

I hope this will make you understand me better.

If I could understand you, Form IMM8 is same as IMM 0008, right?

Farfelu, apart from my child that was born in 2012 and for whom the "ADD ON" application was made, there's no other addition or changes to my family situation.

Thank you, dudes

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Curious_1 said:
Canuck_in_Uk, I'm not sure which of the emails you are referring to. The mail from the CIC (OttPilot-Immigration) after I have paid the fees and sent in the "ADD ON" application for my child, states as follows:

"Dear XXX XXX (that is, me):

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of YYY YYY (that is, my spouse) and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Officer ZZZ-CPPO

Case Processing Centre Mississauga"

Because the name of my child was not specifically mentioned in the email, I called the CIC whose agent I spoke with categorically told me that my child has been merged and included in the mother's application. I was further told that only my spouse's name was mentioned in the email because she's the Principal applicant.

I hope this will make you understand me better.

If I could understand you, Form IMM8 is same as IMM 0008, right?

Farfelu, apart from my child that was born in 2012 and for whom the "ADD ON" application was made, there's no other addition or changes to my family situation.

Thank you, dudes
Hi

I meant the email that you were quoting in your original post, "Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your family configuration. If there have been any changes, please contact our office before proceeding”

From what you've said, you've no changes to report.

THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE APPROVED THE VISAS; send the requested passport, pics and docs ASAP so they can issue the visas.

You're all done :)

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

I meant the email that you were quoting in your original post, "Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your family configuration. If there have been any changes, please contact our office before proceeding”

From what you've said, you've no changes to report.

THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE APPROVED THE VISAS; send the requested passport, pics and docs ASAP so they can issue the visas.

You're all done :)
All i understand from the email is you are approved as a sponsor.
Where does it say immigrant visa's are approved?
The principal applicant and dependent still needs to wait in queue depending on the VO you are appying for?
Which visa office have you chosen to process your files?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mickeyindia said:
All i understand from the email is you are approved as a sponsor.
Where does it say immigrant visa's are approved?
The principal applicant and dependent still needs to wait in queue depending on the VO you are appying for?
Which visa office have you chosen to process your files?
Read the very first post in the thread.