+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP FOR ADVICE NEEDED

tabzi

Nov 25, 2009
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me with this before it too late.

My girfriend has already received her application for PNP in Manitoba and embassy is already waiting for her passport to be sent.

We wanted to get married after she receives her visa and before heading to Canada. However, i saw in the approval letter that our plan to get married may be the cause of her being stripped of her residency because it may be deemed as "concealment of fact".

Would there be any complication if we were to get married after the visa arrives? Also, if she plans to get her family first would the priority change if she is already married?

Thanks in advance guys!!! hope to see a reply asap.. she plans to leave by jan..;__(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tabzi said:
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me with this before it too late.

My girfriend has already received her application for PNP in Manitoba and embassy is already waiting for her passport to be sent.

We wanted to get married after she receives her visa and before heading to Canada. However, i saw in the approval letter that our plan to get married may be the cause of her being stripped of her residency because it may be deemed as "concealment of fact".

Would there be any complication if we were to get married after the visa arrives? Also, if she plans to get her family first would the priority change if she is already married?

Thanks in advance guys!!! hope to see a reply asap.. she plans to leave by jan..;__(
If you marry before she "lands" her visa is no longer valid and you would not be a member of the family class and could not be sponsored. She could be reported for misrepresentation if attempts to "land" by declaring herself single. Wait until she "lands" then marry.

PMM

mark1128

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Doc's Request.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
26-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
22-06-2011
Better not to get married first, otherwise you will encounter problems.

tabzi

Nov 25, 2009
Hi Guys,

thats means there is no legal way regardless if she would immediately declare right after she gets the visa? because her deadline to land in canada is in may?

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
let her land first as what others suggested,marry, then she could then apply for a 'change of status' later on.

tabzi

Nov 25, 2009
Hi All,

Thanks tessv, i understand.. gessshhh.. i guess that leaves me with no choice... coz were both based in singapore and she would need to go back to manila for the orientation thinggy.. then fly off before may... then she mentioned about the application for fiancee would only be after 2 years.. she will try to get her family first then me.. i guess it would really take too long.. :(