+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help - Can we leave job after PPR?

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
I have been working on LMIA since 2 years and my new manager is driving me crazy.

I haven't seen a open racist guy like this before.

My question : Did any one leave LMIA job after PPR? or do you have any recommendation for me?

PPR received waiting for passport return.

Reactions: SINP77

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can certainly quit after getting your PR status. Get your passport back, do the 'landing' and then quit.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Camaro said:
I have been working on LMIA since 2 years and my new manager is driving me crazy.

I haven't seen a open racist guy like this before.

My question : Did any one leave LMIA job after PPR? or do you have any recommendation for me?

PPR received waiting for passport return.
I would say once you done with landing procedure that mean you will freedom. Be patient just 1 step after PPR.

Good luck

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Asivad and Meya appreciate your reply, Just curious what happens if they fire me at this stage?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Camaro said:
Asivad and Meya appreciate your reply, Just curious what happens if they fire me at this stage?
Hopefully nothing. Try and not get fired though. Get your PR status first.

miki0125

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Hopefully nothing. Try and not get fired though. Get your PR status first.
Hi Asivad

I am applying EE with work permit, LMIA Exempt. Can I quit my job when decision is made?

Huzein

Oct 7, 2015
Re: Urgent Help - need an advice

Please friend is there any course I can study in Dominican uni college(DUC) with commercial O'level result I need your urgent reply cause I wanna process this Winter season pls friend.thanks all

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
If ur FSW stream you ll have to show proof of being employed in canada or sufficient funds to get PR.
Just a heads up!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miki0125 said:
Hi Asivad

I am applying EE with work permit, LMIA Exempt. Can I quit my job when decision is made?
Yes. You could've quit immediately after getting your ITA as well - your job did not get you the ITA or the resulting PR.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. You could've quit immediately after getting your ITA as well - your job did not get you the ITA or the resulting PR.
Hi Asivad,

I'm on PGWP, and my employer working to get LMIA approved to support for PR purpose only. Assuming that I will receive positive LMIA and then send application to CEC, do I have to stay with current company till I receive PR? If so, could you share a web link?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Asivad,

I'm on PGWP, and my employer working to get LMIA approved to support for PR purpose only. Assuming that I will receive positive LMIA and then send application to CEC, do I have to stay with current company till I receive PR? If so, could you share a web link?

Thanks
There is no specific web link for this question probably because CIC doesn't really want to encourage such behaviour as employers will be even more afraid of the LMIA situations. The logic for this stems from the fact that you'd be ineligible without the 600 additional points coming your way due to the LMIA supported job offer. And it is the applicant's responsibility to stay eligible throughout the process. It follows that you'll have to stay employed in that job AT LEAST till you receive a positive decision and preferably till you complete landing formalities.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
There is no specific web link for this question probably because CIC doesn't really want to encourage such behaviour as employers will be even more afraid of the LMIA situations. The logic for this stems from the fact that you'd be ineligible without the 600 additional points coming your way due to the LMIA supported job offer. And it is the applicant's responsibility to stay eligible throughout the process. It follows that you'll have to stay employed in that job AT LEAST till you receive a positive decision and preferably till you complete landing formalities.
Agreed, thanks

SINP77

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
SASKATCHEWAN
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
Nomination.....
January 2016
AOR Received.
CIC recieved application May 18, 2016
IELTS Request
October 2015
Med's Request
June 8 2017
Med's Done....
June 9, 2017
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
Inland 2014
Hi seniors my passport is already in Ottawa for Visa stamp can i quit my job now? by the way i am SINP and working for the same employer for almost four years now

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi seniors my passport is already in Ottawa for Visa stamp can i quit my job now? by the way i am SINP and working for the same employer for almost four years now
Congrats! If you mind is asking questions that should you leave job, probably this is the sign that you shouldn't :). I would only quit when I am ready to fly though. Just my opinion.

SINP77

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
SASKATCHEWAN
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
Nomination.....
January 2016
AOR Received.
CIC recieved application May 18, 2016
IELTS Request
October 2015
Med's Request
June 8 2017
Med's Done....
June 9, 2017
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
Inland 2014
Congrats! If you mind is asking questions that should you leave job, probably this is the sign that you shouldn't :). I would only quit when I am ready to fly though. Just my opinion.
Fly? sorry but i am inland PR applicant