+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help before applying: Please suggest!!

jay2017

Sep 5, 2017
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can suggest me with below queries urgently and much appreciated.

1) I was about to apply for citizenship tomorrow but I realized my total number of days present in Canada are off by 12 days. But actually, back in 2012 I worked from my home country ( work from home as I am software developer) for the same Canadian company before quitting the job from my home country due to an emergency. But how do I prove it?My passport has a stamp that I left on so and so date.

2) Personal Identification cards: I don't have DL, I just have health card and passport as ID proofs. Is that fine? As the CIC site says in below format..

[Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

• a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.]
3) Do we also have to submit tax filing details while sending this application as I don't see the requirement under document checklist.

Thanks in advance for anyone providing valuable suggestions.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
1) in my opinion you should wait for 12 more days.
2) yes. It should be fine.
3) only fill the details of tax filed in the application form. They will get actual returns from CRA.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Frankly I would give it an extra month or even two. Having a good buffer helped me in my application.

jay2017

Sep 5, 2017
Frankly I would give it an extra month or even two. Having a good buffer helped me in my application.
Thanks for the reply. You really think waiting two more months helps? as I so afraid the flood of new applications if they change the rule to 3 years from 4 years and wanted to apply before them so just thinking that way..

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have an extensive travel history and forgot a trip. In my interview the agent told me thanks to my large buffer she did not see any problems with the one or other fault in my dates.

Personally, I am not in a rush so waiting an extra months or two to make absolutely sure I was well above the minimum days required resulted in decision made.

I would not run the risk and if you are not under pressure why not just give it some extra time?

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for the reply. You really think waiting two more months helps? as I so afraid the flood of new applications if they change the rule to 3 years from 4 years and wanted to apply before them so just thinking that way..
Why are you worried about the flood of applications? Is your PR expiring soon? better to do it right the first time even if it means slight delay.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
You should be MUCH more concerned with getting a lot of scrutiny on your residency because you are just over the threshold (if even) than about a flood of applications. Being almost short on days is a serious issue and might prolong your application by months or even lead to refusal. That flood thing is so far complete guesswork by some forum members. Do not concern yourself with that. There is no point in avoiding some assumed to exist flood by having an incomplete application.

Also, working from home in a foreign country for a Canadian Company does not count towards residency. It only counts if that Canadian Company assigns you to a position in a foreign country. So unless that company has offices in that country and you worked at those offices, no chance they will count those days. You can not claim "work from home" for residency. Otherwise everyone would just declare their travels/vacations as "working from abroad".

Reactions: amitdi

jay2017

Sep 5, 2017
You should be MUCH more concerned with getting a lot of scrutiny on your residency because you are just over the threshold (if even) than about a flood of applications. Being almost short on days is a serious issue and might prolong your application by months or even lead to refusal. That flood thing is so far complete guesswork by some forum members. Do not concern yourself with that. There is no point in avoiding some assumed to exist flood by having an incomplete application.

Also, working from home in a foreign country for a Canadian Company does not count towards residency. It only counts if that Canadian Company assigns you to a position in a foreign country. So unless that company has offices in that country and you worked at those offices, no chance they will count those days. You can not claim "work from home" for residency. Otherwise everyone would just declare their travels/vacations as "working from abroad".
Thanks for the suggestion and makes sense.

jay2017

Sep 5, 2017
Why are you worried about the flood of applications? Is your PR expiring soon? better to do it right the first time even if it means slight delay.
I made my police clearance certificate and other items ready. I hope they don't insist to get a fresh police clearance certificate if I apply after a month or two. Thanks again for your suggestion and time.