+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP--after PPR

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
Hi folks ~

i have an urgent issue and i really need your advices!!

my PPR just arrived yesterday, requesting to submit my passport and give it one month time for the VO to process.

at the same time, i just got an offer from an foreign airline, also requesting me to submit my passport for visa application. my training will start next month abroad and it will last for 2 months!

in my case, i cannot submit my passport immediately to the VO and let them keep it for a month... my questions are:

1. is it possible to delay the submission of passport? how and whom should i contact??

2. is it possible to not let VO keep my passport for a month long?? my job nature requires me keeping my passport all the time to travel...

PLEASE ADVISE !!!!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Generally No for both questions. However, you can try and send an email to your local visa office or CPC Ottawa to ask for extension and explain the reason. Keep in mind that it is not guaranteed and you qill lose some days waiting for a response.
Good luck!

Last edited:

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
I would suggest you request an extension from the airline you're applying to. I'm not particularly aware of which country you are from, and how long it shall take for your visa to be stamped and your passport returned back to you. I'm on the same boat as you are, based out of India. I've sent my passport for the visa stamping yesterday and expect the passport returned to me within 10 working days.

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
I would suggest you request an extension from the airline you're applying to. I'm not particularly aware of which country you are from, and how long it shall take for your visa to be stamped and your passport returned back to you. I'm on the same boat as you are, based out of India. I've sent my passport for the visa stamping yesterday and expect the passport returned to me within 10 working days.
hi thanks for your reply.

I'm thinking to contact my local VO first to see if they can make an exception... but how did you know your stamping would take 10 working days btw?? if its possible to know the length of the process it would be much better for me as well!!!

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
hi thanks for your reply.

I'm thinking to contact my local VO first to see if they can make an exception... but how did you know your stamping would take 10 working days btw?? if its possible to know the length of the process it would be much better for me as well!!!
In India, the agency appointed by the VO is called VFS. They handle the entire process of acquiring, sending to VO, and return to you. They assure 10 working days. Would be a good idea as to what the process in your country is. I do not think it should take more than 10-15 days in any case. The approval from the Government to you is done, the VO only has to check for this approval and stamp your passport.

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
In India, the agency appointed by the VO is called VFS. They handle the entire process of acquiring, sending to VO, and return to you. They assure 10 working days. Would be a good idea as to what the process in your country is. I do not think it should take more than 10-15 days in any case. The approval from the Government to you is done, the VO only has to check for this approval and stamp your passport.
im in singapore, also need to submit to VO via VFS.

is VFS aware of your job nature as a crew so they don't have to keep your passport for too long? or its standard for everybody?

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
im in singapore, also need to submit to VO via VFS.

is VFS aware of your job nature as a crew so they don't have to keep your passport for too long? or its standard for everybody?
It's a standard procedure for all. I did not come across any express or VIP options while submitting. IMO, you should be able to pull off 10 working days delay with the airline, rather than the government. Good luck!

robs43

Jul 15, 2017
Ludhiana
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-10-2017
It's a standard procedure for all. I did not come across any express or VIP options while submitting. IMO, you should be able to pull off 10 working days delay with the airline, rather than the government. Good luck!
one of my friend get his passport in 5 working days. i think you should complete embassy requirement first

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Which VFS office advised you this? I haven't seen passports being returned in 10 days since the past 2-3 weeks. Btw I also submitted my passport at VFS Bangalore, and they advised me 20 days plus.

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
Which VFS office advised you this? I haven't seen passports being returned in 10 days since the past 2-3 weeks. Btw I also submitted my passport at VFS Bangalore, and they advised me 20 days plus.
It could just be due to distance from Delhi i.e. the Embassy. Jalandhar is close, so it took 5. I'm in Mumbai, I was advised 10 days. Bengaluru may be 20.

robs43

Jul 15, 2017
Ludhiana
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-10-2017
It could just be due to distance from Delhi i.e. the Embassy. Jalandhar is close, so it took 5. I'm in Mumbai, I was advised 10 days. Bengaluru may be 20.[/QU

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
It could just be due to distance from Delhi i.e. the Embassy. Jalandhar is close, so it took 5. I'm in Mumbai, I was advised 10 days. Bengaluru may be 20.
Stop cracking jokes here and speak sense- my application reached New Delhi a day later, and the SLA has nothing got to do with distance.