+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent guidance needed: IRCC portal containing incorrect information and delaying to make amendments

Rkbca86

Feb 12, 2022
Hello everyone,

URGENT GUIDANCE NEEDED

I would like to brief a concerning and serious situation with IRCC regarding my kid's PR application.

We are family of 3 received our PR, me and my wife landed toronto on October 20, 2020 excluding our son due to risk of COVID exposure.
We both received our PR card and applied for my son's COPR extention along with his updated medical exam.

Since there was no changes in the application status we decided to apply for visitor visa and the outcome was " our record states that you are a permanent resident of kenya and thus unable to process the visitor visa" was shocked and called IRCC and told my kid has never been to Kenya. Reply was it was typo error and they have approved the PR application and extended COPR/ travel authorization mail will be mailed shortly and this was the reason for canceling visitor visa application as a permanent resident can't apply for visitor visa. As I did not receive any confirmation mail after 3 days called IRCC again to check and they told my application for COPR extention has not approved yet. When I asked for the reason for refusing visitor visa application, they stated that their record shows my son has already landed as a PR.

Finally they told this information will be added to the application and the wait time for the response will be indefinite. They neither made the changes nor issue the visitor visa. We already are waiting more than 1 year and no progress. With no mistakes on our end, all 3 of us are facing tremendous stress as it's affecting my son's education and his physiological strength.

Even a couple of months ago they told their record shows my kid has landed as a PR and no changes have been made from there

How can I escalate this and get a solution cause we couldn't apply for visitor visa since they have incorrect information in their record

Thanks un advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would post in the Express Entry section of the forum. Most discussions about extending COPRs are there.